Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Blade Runner: Enhanced Edition

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:24 pm

Apparently it's a bit of a mess:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-bl ... ooks-worse

Steam review:
Oh dear. Something has gone very wrong. I've only played for 15 minutes and immediate impressions are absolutely awful.

First of all, the original game is a masterpiece, to be clear. I loved it back in 1997 and I picked up the ScumVM version on GoG a little while ago and it holds up very well. If this becomes the only way to play the game legally, you should get this, I guess. But...

This? This 'remaster' is an insult to the original game. The cutscenes look waaaaay worse at 60fps (for the same reason that 'motion smoothing' looks terrible on tv screens). The audio cuts in and out! There's *gameplay bugs* like not being able to walk around the first scene, except if you click on an interactable object!! It feels untested and not ready for release.

I know this was a troubled project but Nightdive seem to have just dumped whatever they had ready and called it a day.

I'm not going to refund it (yet) because Nightdive have messed up before and fixed things, so fingers crossed they fix this too.
And note, if you still buy it, you should do so from GOG as it comes bundles with the old, good, version (which you cannot now buy separately -_-)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:41 pm

Currently sitting at Mostly Negative on Steam...

Edit: getting panned on GOG as well: https://www.gog.com/en/game/blade_runne ... ed_edition

(I've checked though (I bought it :lol:), and if you buy on GOG you also get their original SCUMMVM version...)

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:39 pm

uuuggghh

:x
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4