General Gaming News

Steam, Deals & More.
Lenny Solidus

Re: General Gaming News

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:07 am

Avalanche reported to be developing a new open world Roguelike named Ravenbound. Set to be a live service affair.

How about make Mad Max 2?
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:57 am

I'd love to see another Mad Max game.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/ ... reat-news/
A long, long time away...

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:13 pm

I don't understand the logic of announcing things that are probably half a decade away when you've nothing to actually show off. It's not like people weren't already assuming that news anyway.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:51 pm

Or just give it to another studio with a new engine. Some fresh ideas are badly needed for the series.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:38 pm

inXile or Larian perhaps? 8-)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:43 pm

Larian, yes, if only to see Swen presenting project updates wearing a full suit of cosplay power armour.

To be honest I'd be delighted if the series moved back to isometric. I haven't enjoyed any of the 3D ones, and while that's probably nothing to do with the viewpoint, I do think the series works well as a party-based game.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:56 pm

I think I would loathe Fallout by Larian, not least because as fun as BG3 can be, it is basically Divinity: Original Sin 3 with a D&D skin. Larian Fallout would be full of radioactive surfaces everywhere, radioactive barrels that explode to create more radioactive surfaces, radioactive arrows... I'm getting angry even contemplating it. :lol:

Saying that, a new isometric Fallout would be a really great change after 3/4/Vegas. I do think Bethesda need to outsource Fallout because their development speed is simply too slow to keep up with Elder Scrolls, Fallout and now Starfield (assuming they want to make it a new series). At the current rate, I'll have probably retired before Fallout 6 is released. That's not even an exaggeration: if we generously say that Fallout 5 comes out in 2030, that's a 15 year gap since Fallout 4, so another 15 years after that would be 2045 for Fallout 6, by which time I'll be 60. :shock:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:09 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:56 pm
I think I would loathe Fallout by Larian, not least because as fun as BG3 can be, it is basically Divinity: Original Sin 3 with a D&D skin. Larian Fallout would be full of radioactive surfaces everywhere, radioactive barrels that explode to create more radioactive surfaces, radioactive arrows... I'm getting angry even contemplating it. :lol:

Saying that, a new isometric Fallout would be a really great change after 3/4/Vegas. I do think Bethesda need to outsource Fallout because their development speed is simply too slow to keep up with Elder Scrolls, Fallout and now Starfield (assuming they want to make it a new series). At the current rate, I'll have probably retired before Fallout 6 is released. That's not even an exaggeration: if we generously say that Fallout 5 comes out in 2030, that's a 15 year gap since Fallout 4, so another 15 years after that would be 2045 for Fallout 6, by which time I'll be 60. :shock:
Well on the plus side, the retirement age will probably be 90 by then, so you'll get a couple more in...

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:10 pm

I do agree but if it were between a Fallout Original Sin and another Bethesda style one that’s no choice at all. I only ever managed to finish 3 and that was a slog. I feel I should try NV again since people rave about it but it really didn’t seem much different. Was NV just better written?

I kind of appreciate them for keeping the Fallout name alive and to be fair to them the art and music are spot on in a way that it feels like there was reverence there. It’s a pity about the writing and gameplay.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:32 pm

Alan wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:10 pm
I do agree but if it were between a Fallout Original Sin and another Bethesda style one that’s no choice at all. I only ever managed to finish 3 and that was a slog. I feel I should try NV again since people rave about it but it really didn’t seem much different. Was NV just better written?
I like 3 and NV about the same, but I think the reason people fawn over NV is that it has quests with far more complex branching and possibilities than in 3. The main quest is incredibly fluid in that regard, so your choices do impact the outcome of the game far more than in 3.

The downside of it is that you can accidentally piss off certain factions without always understanding why, although there is an option midway to mitigate that and possibly make amends.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:18 pm

June 20th to June 23rd 2022, download and play the complete Outriders game.

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:07 pm

By the same people who made Alien Isolation... Jesus Fucking Christ what a downfall. Fornite characters and strippers raid loot!!!!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:41 pm

Yuji Naka, former head of Sonic Team and lead programmer on the Mega Drive Sonic games, has finally confirmed that Sonic 3 & Knuckles used music by Michael Jackson (who was not credited), confirming a rumour that's persisted for more than 15 years.

https://www.eurogamer.net/yuji-naka-con ... or-sonic-3

Just a shame it's come about because Sega weren't able to include some of the original music in the recently released Sonic Origins, replacing it with the far less popular tracks from the Windows version that came out in the early 2000s. S3&K had one of the best soundtracks in the 16-bit era, and is a favourite of mine.

This video from a few years back gives the best rundown on the rumour and all of the supporting evidence for anyone interested.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:42 am

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:00 am

I'd love to know the thought process behind that, so long as it's more than just "lol, random".

I did actually try Fall Guys for the first time the other day, now that it's gone free to play. I can't see myself spending an awful lot of time with it, but it's pretty entertaining.