The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
Snowy
Local

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Snowy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:29 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 pm
I never have one of those. Needing the toilet is always a shameful reminder of the inherent unpleasantness of the biological world!
Really? You don't enjoy a really satisfying evacuation? There isn't anything shameful about it, it is a process as natural as breathing, just a bit whiffier.

Although saying that... See 101...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Stormbringer » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:55 pm

Snowy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:29 pm
There isn't anything shameful about it, it is a process as natural as breathing, just a bit whiffier
I'm not suggesting it isn't natural, just that I think it's utterly disgusting, along with a ton of other things about the natural world.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:38 pm

Saloon-style ragtime piano. Been listening to this on Spotify and now I'm hankering to play RDR2 again:

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Having my Spotify wrapped story and the same song pops up for all four seasons :lol:

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:36 pm

Winning a quiz, if only because it gives me hope that my shit performance in our daily trivia quizzes is due to the insanely high standard of certain people rather than my own substandard knowledge. ;)

I won our work Christmas do quiz tonight. I am now the proud owner of a Dove soap set and an exercise DVD. In retrospect this may be a judgment more than a prize.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:49 pm

:lol:

Congrats! I think... :-k

eny

Post by eny » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:06 am

=D> :lol: \:D/
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:15 pm

Fancy tea.

I recently started buying loose-leaf teas from a shop in Lancaster called Atkinsons (who are known more for their own-roasted coffee beans; they supply an awful lot of independent coffee shops in the surrounding area and I think have expanded into Manchester now). I was bought a glass teapot with an infuser suitable for loose leaf six or seven years ago, and I originally bought tisanes (what people usually refer to as fruit tea, but they don't have any actual tea in them) which all sounded and smelled amazing in the shop, but generally ended up tasting like hot water that had been placed in the general proximity of the named ingredients.

Well the flavoured black teas are vastly better than what you get from the usual box of 600 tea bags that almost everyone in Britain owns. They have flavour, and because they're so much more expensive (I haven't worked out the cost yet, but I'd guess it's an order of magnitude more than mass market teabags), I find I'm drinking it more as a treat than as something to pass the time. I'm currently working my way through a bag of liquorice flavour, which smells like a box of Allsorts when dry, but it's much more subtle when brewed. The others I've tried have been the summer (very fruity, I'd say peach but it doesn't have any peach in it) and winter (cinnamon, clove, mulled spice basically) blends. They're sweet and comforting and not at all bitter like your usual mass-market brew.

And yes, I appreciate this probably makes me sound like a right ponce, but I actually took my teapot on a road trip over christmas and my very traditionally Northern father loved the stuff and didn't drink his usual PG Tips once while I was there.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Proper loose leaf tea is the best way to enjoy it for sure. Teabags are made from the leavings, the best pickings go into loose leaf.

https://trueteacompany.co.uk/loose-tea-vs-tea-bags/

Also, teabags are releasing microplastic into the environment....

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.4109634
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:40 pm

Years of teabag use have meant I didn't realise you could re-steep loose leaf tea. I'll have to try that and see if you can get a satisfying second cup.

Incidentally, it occurred to me after writing that post that over the last two or three years I've started spending far more money on quality drinks of all kinds. The sugar tax meant that it was difficult to find good supermarket-own-brand cordials where I live (I hate the taste of artificial sweetener, and I don't think I drink enough of the stuff for real sugar to be a problem), so I started buying Bottle Green or Belvoir. I found I had to start drinking a ginger cordial before I went to bed to settle my stomach, as the medication I've been on in the last few years messes with it, and only ones with lots of real ginger in it (ie: they burn a little) worked. It also applies to gin and (quite recently) tonic water too.

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:04 am

I drink a huge amount of tea and most of it is loose leaf flavoured black teas. If you fancy branching out to other brands, T2 do some very nice ones (their Melbourne Breakfast and New York Breakfast teas in particular are very nice) and they have some sales now and then. Hebden, a tea company based in York also have some nice blends.

Fifteen years ago, whilst my girlfriend and I were making a pot of normal black tea we managed to accidently put two normal teabags and one honey, vanilla, and camomile bag in the pot and only realised what we had done when we poured it. It tasted delicious and we started experimenting with mixing black teas with different tisanes. That was long before the flavoured black teas started being sold; we should have set up shop!

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:34 am

My fitbit just told me I have 1,337 steps ;)

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:20 am

I only have 666 :twisted:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=