Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Console Country!
Rossell

Re: Playstation & Sony News/Discussion

Post by Rossell » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:08 pm

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:39 pm

Thats Horizon free now. I didnt realise it was the complete edition, the expansion was really good too!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:09 pm

Great, I borrowed my mates copy on disk so I was able to install a better version of the game today and don't need the CD anymore. Lovely!

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:56 pm

I feel nothing but happiness for the people who get to play it for the first time. One of the greats imo.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:19 am

:o

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri May 28, 2021 9:39 am

14 minutes of Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West gameplay.

It certainly looks very pretty but also exactly what you would expect from an open world sequel including added grappling and gliding. Those who really liked the original will probably really like this game but it fails to inspire me at all and the characters continue to be fairly wooden which is one area it would have been nice to see an improvement.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri May 28, 2021 10:30 am

More importantly Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown comes out next week and its free on PS+ :mrgreen:

as is Star Wars: Squadrons and Operation Tango but who cares about them, VF is back!

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri May 28, 2021 11:05 am

Alan wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:30 am
More importantly Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown comes out next week and its free on PS+ :mrgreen:

as is Star Wars: Squadrons and Operation Tango but who cares about them, VF is back!
Good job it's free because the HD job they have done is pretty naff.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri May 28, 2021 11:16 am

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri May 28, 2021 11:19 am

:D

EDIT: I'm sure the base game will still be good it's just they have made a poor effort with sprucing it up.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:18 pm

New God of War has officially been delayed until 2022 along with Gran Turismo 7 and they have both been confirmed for PS4. Jim Ryan truly does believe in generations.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:15 am

Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:04 pm

So I finally rejoined the console club for the first time since the original Wii, and managed to snag a PS5 at the start of the month.

Since then I've been lost in the world of Ghost of Tsushima, which is quite possibly one of the most gorgeous settings and worlds I've experienced in a game!

I've got a couple of other games on my wishlist, including spidey and ratchet and clank to get through, but beyond that and until Horizon Forbidden West comes along I'm wondering about the best value in terms of accessing games.

PS Now seems to be the basic go to for a selection of games, and seems reasonable value for an annual subscription.

PS Plus i'm a little more on the fence about. I don't really care about online play too much, but they seem to put some headliner hits in with the subs. Is it worth subbing to?

What's the deal with the games you get? If you cancel the sub I assume you lose access to the games? Are they lost permanently, or do they become available again if you resub in future? Or only the games available at that point?
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:09 pm

If you cancel your sub then all the games in your library obtained through it are locked. If you resubscribe at a later date then you can play them again, the only way you can really lose out on them is if you forget to add them to your library one month and then they get rotated out.

I barely play any PS4 online but I've been subbed to PS Plus for pretty much as long as I've had a console since PS3 times. The small added discounts you get in the sales for being a PS Plus member add up eventually too if you buy games fairly routinely, and the free games can be very good sometimes.

On the whole I'd say it's just about worth it. PS Now not so much though.

elgaucho

Post by elgaucho » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:13 pm

Thanks for the clarification!

I think for me I've got at least a year's worth of content on PS Now if I keep it after the trial. I've never had a Sony console before, so there's a massive backlog of stuff to look at! :)

I'll have a think about whether to grab PS Plus - maybe when there's a good monthly deal on.
Proud PW Member since 15/10/2003
A lurktastic 2678 posts!