Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Raid
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Raid » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:38 am

I'll go back and give it another try to see what's changed since I played back in July. I agree, but when I played it was only very short-term crack. I played it for hours at a time, but only for a few days. It's on Gamepass so I'd say it's a no-brainer to give a go if you're a subscriber, but I'd say it's still worth it at £3 too.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:34 pm

With all the new updates it seems easier to unlock new characters and weapons. There's now an endless mode that you just keep going as long as you can, Death doesn't show up at the 30 minute mark, I've yet to give it a go. If you can unlock Queen Sigma and get her to full whack your nigh on invulnerable.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:40 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:34 pm
With all the new updates it seems easier to unlock new characters and weapons. There's now an endless mode that you just keep going as long as you can, Death doesn't show up at the 30 minute mark, I've yet to give it a go. If you can unlock Queen Sigma and get her to full whack your nigh on invulnerable.
Still enjoying it.

Also, this is my go-to build currently:

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:41 pm

Signalis. Don't let the anime aesthetic put you off, because its a damn fine game.

And thats all I wanna say, 'cause I really don't think its a game i'd want to spoil the setting or story for anyone!

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:33 pm

Vampire Survivors is now on Game Pass. I forgot how difficult it is at the start as you very slowly make progress.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:48 pm

Really enjoyed it, think I got a good 20+ hours' enjoyment for it, which is ridiculous value for the £4 I paid

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:26 pm

I did go back and at least get my first 30 minute victory, and came agonisingly close to a second (I think I was 23 seconds away).

Edit: And on the mere mention of the game I went and played for another session and got my second win, on a new level no less (the tower). I had a really nice combo of five upgrades - lightning ring, axes, fireballs, knives and magic wand, and hardly anything could get near me until the final minute. I did watch your build video from a week or two back Sly and disagree with you on the utility of the knives. They're a bit rubbish to start with, but once you get the upgrades you can just walk straight forward and not be touched - they're great on the tower and library.
Last edited by Raid on Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:18 pm

Laurel and Clock Lancet really help in getting past the 30 minute mark

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:22 pm

Bible is the most OP weapon imo, particularly when you evolve it

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:26 pm

I haven't unlocked the upgraded bible yet, but of all the ones I have I think the axes are probably my favourites. They spiral outwards to cover the whole screen, so I think they get a little more coverage than weapons that just stay close to your character.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:58 pm

There are some really cool weapons you unlock later, like the dual pistols, and bard song. But I'd like to try a run levelling the dove, as it just seems quite weak initially I assume there must be more to it!

A fully evolved fire wand is also ridiculously op.

Oh, and on the more corridor-style maps, like the tower, the tune tracer is really, really good.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:03 pm

So, I’ve been playing Hitman 2, and really enjoying it. Burned through a lot in one day and only have the last level left to do (struggling a lot with it to be fair).

Is it just me or is the game…short? I know the levels are deep in detail and replayable but the arc just doesn’t seem very long at all.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:58 am

I think the recent Hitman games have been designed more as sandboxes than one-off levels. I've replayed them all a few times, finding all the different hit opportunities. I've still no real idea what the overall story is of the trilogy because I never paid that much attention beyond "something something ICA conspiracy".

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:09 pm

So Battlefield 2042 is available on Games Pass so I gave it a punt. So far it's not terrible just a wee bit bland. Coming in late has the obvious disadvantage where every bastard has much better guns, gear and actually know all the maps. I'm dying a lot which can be very frustrating. Very few people seem to be playing the older maps from the Portal bit which is a shame. I'll stick at it for a bit and see if I can get the hang of it.

Not bad and worth a look if nothing other than curiosity.

On a side note, Sandstorm Insurgency is coming to Game Pass soon and that might be more my cup of tea.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:35 am

I got quite bored with 2042 fairly quickly. I might give it another go soon, but my default is BFV nowadays. God I wish they had added another set of maps to that game.