Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Rossell

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Rossell » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:10 am

Will have to give it a shot, I loved the first one. They do have Deathloop on the way as well which has shades of Dishonoreds "do it how you like" style.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 am

Animalmother wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:33 pm
Finally finished Dishonored 2 after starting it a couple of years ago!! Safely say it's one of the best games I've played in a very long time, the fact that it took me so long is shameful! The graphical style, game mechanics and the ridiculous amount of ways you can interact with the levels is amazing. I also managed to complete the game without killing anyone which is probably why it took me so long to finish.
=D> Bravo!

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:08 am

Medicine Man wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 am
Animalmother wrote:
Finally finished Dishonored 2 after starting it a couple of years ago!! Safely say it's one of the best games I've played in a very long time, the fact that it took me so long is shameful! The graphical style, game mechanics and the ridiculous amount of ways you can interact with the levels is amazing. I also managed to complete the game without killing anyone which is probably why it took me so long to finish.
=D> Bravo!
+1 for this.

Like Animal I started it, got about halfway through and wandered off to do something else for some reason I've now forgotten. A few months back I went back and completed it, and thought it was overall an excellent game.

And I've just seen Death of the Outsider just hit Game Pass, so may play that as well soon.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:25 am

I've tried several times to get into the original Dishonored but keep bouncing off it. I think it's mostly the setting and the character styles that put me off.

How vital is it to have finished the first game if I wanted to play the second game? I've heard so many good things about it that I should probably give it a go.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:30 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:25 am
I've tried several times to get into the original Dishonored but keep bouncing off it. I think it's mostly the setting and the character styles that put me off.

How vital is it to have finished the first game if I wanted to play the second game? I've heard so many good things about it that I should probably give it a go.
Plotwise a little, but nothing you couldn't glean from a quick glance through the game's wiki, but stylistically I see it very much as a continuation of the first, so if you didn't particularly like that I'd definitely recommend a try before buying.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:32 am

They're all on Game Pass now, so at least you can try it risk free.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:48 pm

I'm in a similar boat, bought Dishonoured 2 after playing the first to death, and fully enjoying it. Still haven't installed and played it....next on the list methinks.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:33 pm

It's a series of games that I think people should at least have a crack at, they are extremely well made. Plus it's by the people behind the original Thief games and Corvo is voiced by the same actor who did Garrett in Thief.

I'd recommend playing as Emily in 2 as I believe that they put more effort into her story. Also keeping the murder to a bare minimum forces you to explore the levels more.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:51 am

Animalmother wrote:

Was a bit disappointed when I say that Arkane's next game is that co-op vampire hunting thing, didn't appeal to me at all after this masterpiece of single player experience.

Amazing stuff that's on Game Pass if your tempted.
Deathloop is Arkane's next game which is being developed by the French arm of the studio which also made Dishonored 2. Redfall is being developed by Arkane Austin who previously made Prey. Redfall is going to be playable in both solo and co-op. So you should have some solo stuff to play in the future.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:35 am

That reminds that I need to finish Deus Ex: Mankind Divided next. I started that around the same time as Dishonored 2 and wandered off to something else. Also playing this with a no kill policy (choosing the peaceful path is a pain in the balls :x ). Am I right in thinking both of these games sold pretty poorly, which is a shame if true as they're both excellent.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:32 pm

Quick Q dudes. I hate all insecty type things. I manage to get through so many but I do freak quite a bit. How bad is Jedi Fallen Order for critters? I want to get the new upgrade but won't bother if it's bad. Also been looking at metro exodus but same problem there too.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:06 pm

There are some, but I wouldn't say it was awful for them. It's on Game Pass if you wanted to try it without shelling out for it elsewhere.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:59 pm

I have played bits of Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Dishonoured and Dishonoured 2 and wandered away from all of them. I am such a fickle so and so.

Must go back and replay them, might make a concerted effort to play Dishonoured 1 and 2 back to back with the DLC (which I own but never played - tit).
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:03 pm

Rossell wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:32 pm
Quick Q dudes. I hate all insecty type things. I manage to get through so many but I do freak quite a bit. How bad is Jedi Fallen Order for critters? I want to get the new upgrade but won't bother if it's bad. Also been looking at metro exodus but same problem there too.
It's possible you might struggle. There are some fairly nasty (from a difficulty perspective) arachnids on Dathomir, and some flying beetles and spiders on Kashyyyk. There's a full list of the enemy types here if you want to look at them beforehand. Have a look at the Bane Back Spider, Wyyyschokk and Flame Beetle entries.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:18 pm

Thanks for the link Raid. Think I'll leave that for a while. May come back to it in the future if I get better.

I think it's partially down to the graphics of it too. Some games are animated in a way that you can't take it too seriously. Plus sometimes I normally have a whacking great gun to use from a distance.