Your game ideas

Steam, Deals & More.
Wrathbone
Local

Your game ideas

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Anyone have any original games (i.e. not sequels) or game concepts they've always hoped would be made but haven't as of yet?

I've always wanted a strategy game of The Great Escape, where you play as Big X and co-ordinate all the activities of the prisoners: tunnelling, stooges, scrounging, intel, etc. Each prisoner would have stats like stealth, intelligence, leadership and morale to inform you of who to assign where and who could potentially break under pressure. You could have scroungers making underhand deals with the guards or even finding ways to blackmail them by stealing their things or gathering information about them. I picture certain systems like lookout stooges as something you could assign as default to an activity and then micromanage as desired - e.g. you might want a lookout signal to be a whistle during the day but something silent during the night. There's tonnes you could do with it.

The closest I can think of that we've had to something like that is 1991's Escape from Colditz, based on the boardgame. There was Prisoner of War a decade or so ago, but that was more of an action adventure (and not a very good one). I'm not aware of anything truly like The Great Escape, and I have to wonder why.

Animalmother
Local

Re: Your game ideas

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:45 pm

There was a Great Escape game based on the the film in the early 2000's but it was a 3rd person stealth thing and was supposed to be pish. But I get what you mean, it would be a good source for a game.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:52 pm

Not sure this fits, but I've had an app idea for bloody ages. Got a concept, I know how to build it, and even got a name… but no time. And I don't think anyone but me would use it which makes it useless since it needs crowd-sourced data.

The idea is "show me the nearest pubs which have a beer garden (or other outdoor seating) which is actually in the fucking sun right now. When I lived in Worcester our local pub had a beer garden on the wrong fucking side of the building so it was always in shadow. Moving down south I've spotted the same issue countless times at other establishments.

I want a drink in the sun, dammit!!!

Oh, and it's called "Sunglass". 😎
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:11 pm

That's an app that I sorely need. Though it wouldn't address the crux of the issue which is that my city only has about three pubs with decent beer gardens in.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:26 pm

Rocket Jump
It’s basically Q3A but when you press space your ass explodes causing 5-15 points of damage and launching you standard jump height but you can keep doing it as much as your health will permit to keep blasting into the air. Mid air kills fully heal you.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Mantis wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:11 pm
That's an app that I sorely need. Though it wouldn't address the crux of the issue which is that my city only has about three pubs with decent beer gardens in.
Does it, though? Have you tried them all? Maybe there's some little independent one you don't know of with the foresight to put the damn seating on the correct side of the building!
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:29 pm

:shock:

:-k

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:43 pm

More on topic.

I had an idea for a sort of FTL/XCOM RPG mashup where you explored a galaxy with a squad very reminiscent of Firefly, with loyalty mechanics and total freeform exploration where you could do odd jobs for people to cover your crew costs and fuel. The idea being that the story missions were totally optional and you could play the whole game as a bit of a sandbox Wild West space cowboy sim if you wanted to. That one never got any further than a few notes I made on it though.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:04 am

Mantis wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:43 pm
I had an idea for a sort of FTL/XCOM RPG mashup where you explored a galaxy with a squad very reminiscent of Firefly, with loyalty mechanics and total freeform exploration where you could do odd jobs for people to cover your crew costs and fuel. The idea being that the story missions were totally optional and you could play the whole game as a bit of a sandbox Wild West space cowboy sim if you wanted to. That one never got any further than a few notes I made on it though.
That sounds ace. Drop everything and become a game developer! :lol: