Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Mantis
Landlord

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Mantis » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:47 pm

That might explain it, I only pay for the basic PC version and the games aren't there at all.

Though it's not the only irregularity I've seen. Gears 5 is noticeably absent from my list of 'All Games' but I can access it fine by searching or going through one of the sub lists. It's not the greatest application in my experience.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Nah, the PC apps are a crock of shite in my experience. The mobile app for the console is better, but there's a bizarre delay sometimes between my pressing install, it confirming that it will install the game, and the install actually happening. Once I got a notification of the install being finished an entire *week* later, long after I'd forgotten about the game.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:43 pm
Do you have Gamepass Ultimate? It only comes with that.
Not so. EA stuff is on console now, but PC is from December.
When will EA Play come to Windows 10 PC for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Game Pass for PC members?
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on console now. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members will receive EA Play on PC via the EA Desktop app at no additional cost starting in December 2020.
Source.
Last edited by Drarok on Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:59 pm

Drarok wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm
Raid wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:43 pm
Do you have Gamepass Ultimate? It only comes with that.
Not so. EA stuff is on console now, but PC is from December.
When will EA Play come to Windows 10 PC for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and Xbox Game Pass for PC members?
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can enjoy EA Play on console now. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC members will receive EA Play on PC via the EA Desktop app at no additional cost starting in December 2020.
[url=https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/sub ... e-pass-FAQ]Source.
[/quote]

Good to know. I was about to say I'm on Game Pass Ultimate and can't see Fallen Order on the PC app, but that explains it, cheers.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:26 am

Oh ok, I did do a quick Google before posting that but obviously got the wrong end of the stick.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Playing Fallen Order as well, finding the combat difficult to get used to and even small enemies are taking tons of my health.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:52 pm

It did take me a while to get used to the combat, I had a lot of trouble early on, but it gets easier as you pick up new abilities. I don't think it helps that for some bizarre reason a mode that would be quite useful for practicing the combat system is locked away behind NewGame+ mode. When you reach a meditation point, you can enter combat scenarios that set you against waves of enemies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:09 pm

Dead Cells - So I quite liked this initially; the combat was fast paced and satisfying... but it quickly seemed to quickly get monotonous. The problem is the lack of variety in the weapons; you either have a melee attack that hits in front of you, or a ranged attack that hits in front of you but a bit further away. I'm simplifying a bit, there are elemental effects, but they all seem to be either a brief stun or a damage-over-time. I'm sure this is something that changes as you unlock more stuff, but I feel these Rogue-likes need to put some of the content up front otherwise how do you look forward to things? Gungeon had a lot of variety in pickups right from the off, so every chest you opened was exciting, whereas with Dead Cells I only get a choice of about three melee weapons, three bows and a couple of spells, and I had to unlock most of that myself.

I did at least kill the first boss on the first try (although I think I'd unlocked the 2-use flask by that point).

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:04 pm

Rime

Stupid fucking bird. That is all.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:02 pm

Tetris Effect

Should be called epileptic fit simulator. Tone down the fucking flashing images a smidgen lads!!

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Animalmother wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:02 pm
Tetris Effect

Should be called epileptic fit simulator. Tone down the fucking flashing images a smidgen lads!!
:D Yeah some of the graphical effects are a bit distracting which isn't the best for a game of Tetris. I really do like the overall style though.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm

I'd argue that the music and visuals are pretty much the whole point of Tetris Effect. I did actually play it last night when AM's post reminded me that the new version is on Gamepass - I really like the presentation, but at the end of the day you're still just playing the same game you've been playing for 30 years.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:49 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm
I'd argue that the music and visuals are pretty much the whole point of Tetris Effect. I did actually play it last night when AM's post reminded me that the new version is on Gamepass - I really like the presentation, but at the end of the day you're still just playing the same game you've been playing for 30 years.
*glances guiltily at CM/FM collection*

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:06 pm

Perhaps, but with the exception of the very minor additions of the 'hold piece' and infinite rotate functions (themselves about 15-20 years old I think) and Effect's new 'pause and clear' mode, Tetris Effect is functionally identical to the NES and Gameboy versions. The exact same pieces and strategies are used in both. The only thing that differs is the presentation. I still want to try Effect in VR, but I'm not willing to spend the asking price when I expect it'll just be an interesting experience for a few minutes and then never go back to it.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:47 pm
Oh they certainly are, I just think in a few instances from my short play session they go a bit too far.