Stephen King

For your eyes and ears.
Pew-Pew

Stephen King

Post by Pew-Pew » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:29 pm

So, I've decided to try to get into Stephen King after putting it off for years. However, he has written so many books that it is difficult to know where to start. I ended up going with Pet Sematary as my first, followed by 'Salem's Lot. I loved both! Particularly Pet Sematary - difficult to say much without spoiling it, but the whole 'mythology' that was hinted at was cool, and it was actually quite spooky. But what to read next? Recommend me some pls.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Stephen King

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:55 pm

IT is obviously one of the best, and a personal favourite of mine is The Stand. Would also recommend Christine, Misery, The Shining (very different to the Kubrick film in a lot of ways) and also some of the short story collections - Different Seasons has the stories Shawshank Redemption and Stand By Me were based on. Skeleton Crew has some decent stories, and also Four Past Midnight.

I've read a lot of Stephen King :lol:

After you're done with King, could I recommend James Herbert's The Rats trilogy, enjoyed those a lot also.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:21 am

If you have the stamina for it, The Dark Tower is a magnificent series, even if it wanders a little off course in the last couple of volumes.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:59 am

I ended up reading The Dead Zone, because I had it with me already. Really good, up there with Salem's Lot! It didn't go exactly where I thought it would when I read the blurb. Next up is The Stand.

I am loving this, I can't believe how much good stuff I have been missing out on. And he's so prolific that I could probably keep reading this stuff for years.