Disney +

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Raid
Local

Re: Disney +

Post by Raid » Fri May 19, 2023 12:41 pm

The article raises a good point that I hadn't considered, that these shows being removed don't have any physical copies, and are effectively being saved from (public) oblivion by pirates. It must be terrible for people who worked on shows like this when there's no way left for them to show it to others.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri May 19, 2023 12:46 pm

Raid wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 12:41 pm
The article raises a good point that I hadn't considered, that these shows being removed don't have any physical copies, and are effectively being saved from (public) oblivion by pirates. It must be terrible for people who worked on shows like this when there's no way left for them to show it to others.
Only yesterday was reading about the Netflix animated series Final Space (which was pretty good, with voice actors including David Tennant), being pulled completely from their service as part of a tax avoidance scheme.

It's effectively killed the show - there's no physical copies, they own the IP so it can never be revived anywhere else. It's just heart-breaking.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri May 19, 2023 1:19 pm

This is like the BBC in the 1970's erasing old magnetic tapes that had TV shows recorded on them, gone forever. That shouldn't be allowed to happen anymore especially in a digital age.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri May 19, 2023 4:08 pm

Raid wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 12:41 pm
This is one of several reasons why I collect and support physical media, because companies like Disney are taking note and putting things on disc where there's a perceived demand. The market is shrinking, certainly, but it's still a billion dollar industry, and if Disney sees people buying things on disc while subs are dropping then they'll adjust their priorities.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:04 pm

And that's my Disney+ subscription cancelled. Not something I'd planned to do as I use it a reasonable amount, but I've just had an email to inform me that my annual subscription fee is going up next month from £80 to £110 - a 37.5% increase with precisely nothing extra to show for it. They can get to fuck.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:42 pm

Yo ho ho me hearties. Step right this way... 8-)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=