General Film News

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
eny

Re: General Film News

Post by eny » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:43 pm

Fantastic rendition, will have to rewatch in celebration.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:26 am

I didn't think this was still happening, because it was originally being developed by Fox prior to the Disney takeover, then cancelled, and now it seems it's being produced as an R-rated MCU film. Which is probably good, but I can't help but feel it could be neutered by Disney.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:36 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:01 am

In the first film there's a blink and you'll miss it mention of a rocket launch sending astronauts into space. I wonder if this is when they arrive back on Earth.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:27 pm

Very Deathloop-alike

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:36 pm

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:24 pm

We've now had a voiced Mario for 26 years. Replacing Charles Martinet with, well, pretty much any other voice actor was never going to work, but Chris Pratt just feels so utterly generic a choice. I don't particularly like Jack Black as a choice for Bowser either, at least not without some sort of effect to deepen his voice. I can't say I'm a fan of the facial animation on either of the two leads either.

Honestly I just didn't want this film to happen - I've played Mario games for my entire life (Super Mario Bros. was literally the first video game I ever owned), and there was never going to be much of a hope of them living up to that.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:39 pm

Who are they even targeting with that? Like... none of the older fans will, so they won't take their kids unless they're mad into a Mario game...
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:50 am

Well I quite liked the trailer, it was better than I expected. Charles is fine for a game but can you really imagine that voice if they’re doing a full film with dialogue? Pratt is crap here, I’m not defending him but I think people wanting Martinet to voice him isn’t quite reasonable. Besides Hoskins is the real Mario voice.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:15 am

I think I'm only part-annoyed that it's not Charles Martinet, who let's not forget is a professional voice actor and could undoubtedly have adjusted the voice to make it more palatable for a big-screen outing while still giving him the ability to make the joyous whoops and exclamations that the character is extremely well known for. But to replace him with Chris Pratt, who has been a little problematic in recent years (he claimed to be a member of a notoriously anti-LGBTQ church for years, although he's recently tried to take that back), and had earlier in the year boasted that his Mario voice was going to be something special to perhaps dampen the backlash from the cast announcement... and it turns out it's just his usual speaking voice? It's just so bland a choice. I don't really have anything against him as a voice actor in general, I really liked him as Emmett in the Lego Movies, but it just feels like he's been cast for his star-appeal more than his ability, and they've kicked the guy who's partly responsible for making the character as well-known to the kerb.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:43 am

Oh shit! Surely he’s proven his chops enough to get to do that one day. Everything he says is spot on too, rein in the bullshit and keep the rest.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:59 am

About Chris Pratt and Mario, I genuinly would like to know who goes to see an animation when a famous person does the voice? Next to zero would be my guess. Studio executives are obsessed with stars in their eyes. Save the money and hire professional voice actors. As far as I have read no one is welcoming Chris Pratt to be in this film. I liked Pratt in Parks & Recs but even I'm bored of him now and I hardly see his films
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:41 pm

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:07 pm

It looks very impressive, I hope the story is not a rehash of the first movie.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:16 am