Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread), the second series

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Animalmother
Local

Re: Good TV (aka, the TV series spamthread), the second series

Post by Animalmother » Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:22 pm

Invincible
I believe the second season of this has finally come out. I watched some of the first season before but think I found it hard to find the episodes so never finished. Started again and I'm really enjoying it. Imagine if Superman was a terrifying nut job with a moustache, that's Omni-Man. There's super villains and invading aliens that kill people on a regular basis. It is similar to The Boys but only that there's nothing else to compare it to. Ultraviolent superheros and the squishy people that get in the way. Awesome stuff.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:48 am

Animalmother wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:22 pm
Invincible
I believe the second season of this has finally come out.
The first half is out, I'm waiting for more! :cry:
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:25 am

Rusty wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:28 pm

Just started Reacher season 2. I don't remember it being so hung ho. Fun so far though
It's a shadow compared with Season 1, for sure. It's like watching live-action Scooby Doo. Someone finds a clue, team stares at one another for 30 seconds, someone figures it out, repeat. And the dumb stuff you've mentioned. Reacher's fights all have at least one obligatory head-butt, since I guess that's the style of martial arts he's learned? Whatever. Kinda fun but having just finished S1 for the third time, in anticipation of this new season, I'm underwhelmed for sure.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:14 pm

Surprising myself a bit, I really enjoyed the Dr Who Xmas special, thought it was good fun and liked the energy of the new Dr and companion... tentatively looking forward to the season after avoiding everything since the first few episodes of Jodie Whittaker's first series.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:23 pm

Foundation
A show I think I've seen mentioned here once and absolutely nowhere else, which is a big surprise considering it's pretty good and looks amazing. Admittedly it took me 3 episodes to get into but I binged the first season. A sort of mix of Dune meets Games of Thrones with a bit of The Expanse thrown in (but not really like any of those either). A galactic empire with 3 clones of different ages so that the same ruler has existed for thousands of years. Someone predicts the empire slowly dying and they need to prepare for it. The cast seems to be full of familiar faces that I just can't remember what they were in (apart from Jared Harris). The story spans over decades and centuries which very few shows ever do.

Worth a gander if you can find it.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:38 pm

It's very close to the books (which I've read since my early teens) and I can't recommend it highly enough. Delighted it's been greenlit for a third season.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:44 pm

Just finished Season 3 of Slow Horses , I may be in love with Gary Oldman's character. This show just keeps getting better.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:29 pm

Hatredsheart wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:44 pm
Just finished Season 3 of Slow Horses , I may be in love with Gary Oldman's character. This show just keeps getting better.
Just started S3, loving the show!

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:37 am

Sly Boots wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:29 pm
Hatredsheart wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:44 pm
Just started S3, loving the show!
The books by Mick Herron are really good too. His character is just as vile in the books :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:07 pm

How it started...

How it ended...

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:33 am

Wheyyy, somebody else who knows WTF Letterkenny is!

Loved it, I thought the last season was a good send-off, too. Shoresy is good, but not the same.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:10 am

I still sing 'to be fair' whenever my son says it over discord to his buddies :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:49 pm

Drarok wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:33 am

Loved it, I thought the last season was a good send-off, too. Shoresy is good, but not the same.
Pretty sure it was you that recommended it to us a few years back.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:26 pm

Drarok wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:33 am

Also a die-hard fan here :)

El Gaucho regularly gets a "To be fairrrrrr" sung to him over Discord while we are co-oping
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:35 pm

Hijack
Plane is hijacked and Idris, a contract negotiator, must try and save everyone from bullshit plots, dumb leaps of logic and shit twits.

Black Bird
True story of a charismatic drug dealer that cuts a deal to have his sentence commuted if he moves to a max security prison and manipulates a possible serial killer into giving him actionable information of his victims. Its very good! On the whole it seems fairly accurate though for a max sec prison for nutjobs there seems to be a lot of freedom and free access to tools(weapons). I did a quick google for a few things that I thought couldn't have happened like that and they did! Taron Egerton is a real good face actor and the guy playing the baddie is a mix of comical and fucking horrific which works well. Its very good.

Its also one of Ray Liotta's final roles. He plays Taron Egerton's father who is in poor health which gives it some more weight.

Bad Sisters
Currently watching and really enjoying so far. The husband of one of five sisters dies "accidentally"? An insurance chap is having a poke around as we get flashbacks of what happened leading up to the death. It's an irish black comedy and the chap that plays the dead guy plays him as such a perfect smarmy dickhead that I just keep thinking of "you shot me in the bollocks Tim". It also has coincidentally has Tyres O'Flaherty in it!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.