I Just Watched (Films)

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Rusty

Re: I Just Watched (Films)

Post by Rusty » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:00 pm

I thought you linked the trailer. I wonder how long the trailer is, I thought. An hour and a half? Oh, that's the film in full! Thanks :)
-- To be completed at some point --

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:32 pm

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse

This is, unquestionably, the best looking film I've ever seen, and the only film that comes close is its predecessor. It's 2hr20min long, and by my reckoning that's 201,000 frames of absolutely beautiful concept art. It's staggeringly good looking; there's no amount of hyperbole I could spout that would do it justice. It's not just aesthetics either; this has emotional depth that makes every MCU film look like a 3 year-old's crayon drawing by comparison. It doesn't treat the audience like children; it runs with the multiverse theme and elevates the concept to art, and, well, Disney should be bloody ashamed that they didn't do it this much justice. The direction is phenomenal, the voice acting conveys that, it's creative and thrilling and there are points that made me weep.

The only reason I'm not calling this the best film I've ever watched is that it's part 2 of 3, and I'm not sure if that's enough of a reason.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:00 pm

John Wick 3 and 4

Nope. They lost me. 1 and 2 were short, simple, highly-choreographed bloodfests, which worked nicely as an action formula. 3 and 4 are waaaaay too long. As impressive as the actions scenes are, some of them went on for bloody ages to the point where I just lost interest. They should have condensed the best bits of 3 and 4 into a single, 2 hour film that was tightly edited and fittingly unrelenting.

5/10

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:39 pm

Biggles Adventures in Time
Had fond memories of this as a child, remember all the hype around it on release. Fond memories are best left in the past, it was pish. Someone took a beloved story of a WW1 fighter pilot and shoehorned a half assed time travel plot in. Apparently the filming started before the script was finished, never a good sign. It's a shame as the actors who plays Biggles and his crew are very likeable, the American cast not so much. Peter Cushing also quit acting after the film.

Don't be fooled by the explosions, it's ball hang! Also now a cult classic.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:43 pm

Late Night With the Devil
Interesting horror film set during a late night talk show during the 1970's. It's found footage but not at the same time, during the ad breaks it switches to a normal film and back to the TV cameras when on air. The host is trying to save a failing talk show so they decide to invite a psychic, a skeptic and a young girl who claims to be possessed by a demon on Halloween night. Shit starts to get out of hand to say the least.
Very enjoyable up to a point but it gets a bit lost towards the end. It's a mid budget film so the effects can be a tad iffy in places. Still worth a watch as it is good fun.

David Dastmalchian needs to be in more stuff.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:34 pm

Yeah, it was cheap and cheerful but killed 90min quite happily. I wonder how much it was influenced by Ghostwatch(if at all)?
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—