Everyone seen it....except you

Small Screen. Bigger Screen.
Raid
Local

Re: Everyone seen it....except you

Post by Raid » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:22 pm

Snowy wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:29 pm
Oh, and Chris, take it from me that you want to avoid saccharine shite like The Breakfast Club like the plague. Take it from someone who was a teenager in the 80's and every single girl I dated would suggest we watch it. In the pursuit of sexual gratification I sat through that fucking turgid bollocks more times than I care to remember and carry a burning hatred in my heart of hearts for every bastard involved in it.
Oh don't worry, of the films I listed it was the only one where not watching it was entirely intentional. Some films you just know you're unlikely to enjoy, and feelgood teen dramas from before you were born are usually in that category.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:31 pm

I think Breakfast Club is worth a watch, mostly because it's unintentionally(?) hilarious in places, like when they smoke weed and go nuts, culminating in Emilio Estevez destroying a plate glass window through the power of shouting.

:lol:

Plus it's one of those where scenes have been emulated/taken the piss out of by so many others, that I think it's worth watching where it originated.

Sixteen Candles, however, I found so disturbingly racist and sexist (rapey, even) that it took great force of will to actually finish it. In fact, it's probably worth watching simply for that, to see the one where John Hughes got it badly wrong.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:11 pm

I wonder...on that Monday...did they ignore each other?

Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:40 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:45 pm

at this point Snowy, its probably quicker to list the classics you have seen. Personally the 70s was the best decade for Hollywood, the films were so gritty and real.
I got a cool little scratchcard-poster from my brother for my birthday last year with 100 films to watch on it. We did start (my wife even sat through the whole LOTR trilogy) but have lost the faith a bit and stopped. I think it was Charlie Chaplin's Great Dictator followed by the fucking awful Clockwork Orange that put us off...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=