Watch_Dogs Legion/3 [PC, PS4, XBone]: In London?!

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Watch_Dogs Legion/3 [PC, PS4, XBone]: In London?!

Post by Snowy » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:54 pm

More time put in on this, and I think I am a bit torn. Or maybe burned out. London is nicely realised, but I struggle to care about it for a number of reasons:
1 - the dystopian future. Everything is just too OTT, everywhere you go Albion thugs are beating people up or have lines of handcuffed folks on their knees. It makes it feel completely unrealistic, even though it is a city I have spent oodles of time in it doesn't resonate at all.
2 - the vehicles are shite. Depicted as mostly electric but lacking any character whatsoever. When I look at other open world city games, even other Watch Dogs games, the vehicle mechanics have gone downhill badly. Also I have not had a single car chase. Oh, and most of the cars driving around are self-driving with nobody in them.
3 - the story is utter balls. Not much to say, thats about it.
4 - it is stupidly sweary to the point that I, as an almost-Londoner with a deep-seated appreciation of finely honed vulgarity, am offended. A few minutes into the game I walked past a (regularly recurring) piece of graffiti that said "PRIVATE MILITARY CUNTS" apropos of nothing. Everywhere you turn "fahhhhhking cahhhhnts", "faahhhhhhhhking bell-end", "you fahhhhhhhhhhhhking twat" which gets dialled up to 11 when you enter the bare knuckle fights around the capital and the 'commentator' spews the same sweary lines over and over. It gets wearing and it isn't how we talk to one another.

That said there is fun to be had. The mission structures are multi-step and can be quite fun. Assembling a crack team with various weapons and combat or other abilities is enjoyable. Because of the RNG element they can be hilarious too. I have a champion bare-knuckle fighter on the team, for example, who is a one man chaos generator with facial tattoos, who is as gay as you like and is always making smutty inuendos in the plummiest voice imaginable. Or my consultant surgeon, very useful for getting about in restricted medical facilities, but who sounds like a female Yardie.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=