S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Animalmother
Local

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Post by Animalmother » Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:00 pm

Looks good, very Metro 2033 vibe. Hope it's not as linear as Metro and still had the huge open world to explore.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:01 pm

Yeah, looks good, maybe feeling a little mainstream, remains to be seen if it will have the grit and atmosphere of the trilogies though. There are some worthy options in the pre-order menu, the biggest includes a backpack and an artefact container lamp!

https://www.stalker2.com/preorder
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:11 pm

There were a couple of things that piqued my interest in that. It looked like you could softly open doors while moving around them covering the room, plus at one point as the player moved around a wrecked car the angle that the gun was held at changed in a manner that looked hugely natural. Nothing in and of themselves, but to me that is indicative of effort being put into making it an immersive tactical experience.

I also love that they are making it co-op (albeit in a downstream patch). I have an urge to not play it single player on release, but get a group in the TGA Ghosts to play it through co-op start to finish, experience the whole thing as a group of stalkers. It makes perfect sense, all the other stalkers you meet in the game are in groups, so I think it will work well.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:04 pm

Sounds like the ultimate plan to me.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:18 pm

As far as I'm aware we're still getting it Day 1 on Gamepass. I reckon I'll probably end up at least trying it on release, and if I think it's going to be a good co-op game (it's rare that I think shooters wouldn't be) I'll hold off on playing much of it.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:19 am

No news about game but I was curious about the size of the map as the trailer made it look a little linear.

https://www.gamesradar.com/stalker-2-guide/
GSC believes it is "one of the biggest open worlds in video games to date", with more than 60 square kilometers of space to survive. As a result of the expansive Chornobyl Exclusion Zone created here, the studio says it'll take "more than 100 hours of gameplay to explore its secrets."
So pretty big then :P

There's a Minecraft style game based on Stalker that looks surprisingly great. Blocky player and textures but with highly detailed weapon models with an extensive upgrade system. Looks surprisingly good.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:31 pm

60km² is about the footprint of Reading, south side of the river, so big but not big, depending on how they transition between areas. I'm not that bothered as the amount of input they have had from the STALKER modiverse is sure to have informed them massively, and I cannot wait to play it, but am quite prepared to wait if it is anything like the parents!

The latest version of Radiophiobia3 is out (now at 1.11) and the game just gets better, much more forgiving shot dispersion and ttk now, but still a challenging and thrilling experience. Basically, SoC but with a couple of Seeker mission threads added and tweaked gameplay and added weapon improvements. Clear Sky is transformed with the LFO mod into a sublime playthrough too, so the originals still have lots to offer, and are well worth getting into.

– Abraham Lincoln

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:10 pm

https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-ne ... abilities/

Some beautiful new shots. A shame then that DSOG's comment section has descended into a cesspit of filth with the same names spouting anti-Semitic/ LGBTQ bashing and sometimes far worse, all allowed to just fester on the site. Practically zero moderation going on.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:55 pm

Jesus that comment section....
Most of the vitriol seems to be coming from one guy who seems to be Russian/pro-Russian scumbag.

Game does look lovely though.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:58 am

Snowy wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:11 pm

I also love that they are making it co-op (albeit in a downstream patch). I have an urge to not play it single player on release, but get a group in the TGA Ghosts to play it through co-op start to finish, experience the whole thing as a group of stalkers. It makes perfect sense, all the other stalkers you meet in the game are in groups, so I think it will work well.
This is, honestly, exactly what I hoped and dreamed for during the first STALKER experience. We were so worked up about it! Dave and I especially, I think we chatted a few times about how absolutely brilliant and atmospheric it would be to co-op STALKER - hide up in an apartment somewhere, recon the A-life, other stalkers, etc, come up with a plan after a while...

If there will be co-op, then yeah I'm willing to put in the pain of not playing in order to wait to experience the thing with you fellas :)
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:46 pm

Lennyquantum wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:10 pm
https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-ne ... abilities/

Some beautiful new shots. A shame then that DSOG's comment section has descended into a cesspit of filth with the same names spouting anti-Semitic/ LGBTQ bashing and sometimes far worse, all allowed to just fester on the site. Practically zero moderation going on.
What an abhorrent cesspool their comments section is. I wasn't really aware of the site to begin with, but if they can't manage even basic moderation I won't look them up again.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:39 pm

Solitaire wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:58 am
This is, honestly, exactly what I hoped and dreamed for during the first STALKER experience. We were so worked up about it! Dave and I especially, I think we chatted a few times about how absolutely brilliant and atmospheric it would be to co-op STALKER - hide up in an apartment somewhere, recon the A-life, other stalkers, etc, come up with a plan after a while...
I still recall those exact conversations Todd, how we pined for it all to naturally expand with the inclusion of a tight band of Stalker brothers roaming the hills together, avoiding dangerous anomalies and navigating our ways into bandit camps under the cover of darkness. At the time when technology was at the point it was it all seemed like a far off pipe dream that might never even be realised, thankfully we are finally at a point when it is very much possible - and it only took ooo what the better part of two decades and a smidge extra for us to get there from the original Stalker concept that was Outbreak.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:41 pm

Russian group hack GSC Gameworld and threaten to release S2 material....because snowflake reasons.

the hackers demand that GSC Game World changes its attitude towards players from Russia and Belarus, and "apologize for the unworthy attitude towards ordinary players from these countries." The demands also specify bringing back RU-localization to the game as well as unbanning the "NF Star" profile from the game studio's discord channel.

https://gamerant.com/stalker-2-leak-rus ... rs-threat/

https://discord.com/channels/5045873235 ... 8131444870

– Abraham Lincoln

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:50 pm

Nice response

eny

Post by eny » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:46 pm

New trailer just dropped:

Would have preferred a Ukrainian protagonist, but is looking good.

– Abraham Lincoln