Halo: The Master Chief Collection [PC]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection [PC]

Post by DjchunKfunK » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:55 pm

If you are getting the game via Game Pass you can't choose which to download. However once it reaches the Ready to Start point, which is around 4gb I think, you can go into the game and then pick the bits you want to continue downloading. Or once it is all downloaded you can go into the options and remove the bits you don't want to play.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:03 pm

That did it. Ta.

Edit: Or at least it probably should have done. I did as you suggested, went into the game settings and deselected the irrelevant titles and it updated the download size in-game. When I exited the game, the launcher just displayed an error message and the only way to resume the download was to cancel and start from scratch. This isn't really a problem as I have a fairly fast connection, but I think I'm just going to have to get the whole thing and put up with the slow loading.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:22 pm

Ah, I was talking about downloading through Steam. My bad.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:10 am

Raid wrote: ↑
Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:03 pm
That did it. Ta.

Edit: Or at least it probably should have done. I did as you suggested, went into the game settings and deselected the irrelevant titles and it updated the download size in-game. When I exited the game, the launcher just displayed an error message and the only way to resume the download was to cancel and start from scratch. This isn't really a problem as I have a fairly fast connection, but I think I'm just going to have to get the whole thing and put up with the slow loading.
Hmm that's annoying.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Just as an indicator of how awful the XBox app is on Windows 10:

63.4GB of 104.1GB is not 41%. The download on the left says the total is 77.1GB, the one on the right says it's 104.1GB. My download is either at 41%, 60% or 81%.

And this is *after* I downloaded the entire MCC, got it running twice out of about ten attempts, then had to delete the whole sodding thing because I just could not get it to launch. When launched from the XBox app, nothing happened. When launched from the start menu, it claimed my hard drive was offline (it wasn't). When attempting to launch from the explorer directory, Windows claimed I didn't have access to the directory when my account is both the administrator and only account on the machine. Then the directory disappeared from explorer for several minutes. Then it came back, with no explanation.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:42 pm

I'd put a chunk of that down to how terrible the MCC itself is. The Xbox app can do some weird things as it is using the Windows Store as a back end and that is a terrible piece of software, thankfully I haven't had too many issues so far.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:26 pm

Yeah, one of the times it told me the download was broken, the error link took me to the windows store, which promptly told me "there was an unexpected error" (with no actionable information) and it was displaying three separate downloads for MCC, two of which were paused and none of which were working when clicked. I don't understand how a company that makes the world's most popular desktop OS can be this terrible at making applications for it.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:54 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:09 pm

So I finally finished Halo 5 about two odd years after starting it. Without a doubt the weakest and dullest of the series, I'd completely lost track and interest of the plot and just wanted to finish and uninstall it at last. The game is visually stunning in 4K but it's wasted on the shite gameplay and story. 343 Studios genuinely do not seem to get Halo. I doubt 6 will be much better.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:12 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:07 pm

Or just finish on 3 and remember it as something great.