Halo: The Master Chief Collection [PC]

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Halo: The Master Chief Collection [PC]

Post by Snowy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:57 am

I only ever played the first in the series, and it didn't really gel with me (can't remember why) so I didn't play all that far into it :lol:
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:15 pm

As its customary with the Master Chief Collection, Reach has some issues. You can't launch it from the Xbox app, clicking on it does nothing, you need to launch it via the Start Menu. If you press anything when the game is loading up it usually crashes. The worst thing though is the sound issues, apparently during the port they had to make some changes which means the sound mix got messed up and now gun sounds and explosions are really quiet and sound like they are being muffled. Microsoft failed to mention this when the game was released and only did so when pressed by players, which is pretty crappy.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:07 pm

From what I glanced at. The studio pulled the same stunt with one of the games in 2014?, bad port or something and only mentioned when it blew up. MP is hit and miss as well it seems due to network issues etc.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:18 pm

Raid wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Lee

Post by Lee » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:33 pm

Activate Drunk Vision mode :lol:
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—

Solidarity Reg

Post by Solidarity Reg » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:11 pm

Snowy wrote: ↑
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:57 am
I only ever played the first in the series, and it didn't really gel with me (can't remember why) so I didn't play all that far into it :lol:
This is where I was. I bought the MCC ones out so far (largely off the back of watching the excellent Halo animated shorts on Netflix), finished Halo CE: Anniversary, and I've just done a couple of bits in Reach. I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed, especially as I went into Black Mesa in between. I get why these games were a bit of a revolution on Xbox but from this (mainly) PC gamer's perspective it's hard to enjoy what feels like quite a step back to what we had at the time. Not with physics and 'wow' factor of course, but actual moment-to-moment gunplay. I really dislike the two low-ammo weapons and recharge health stuff. I know it's more 'realistic' , but it just doesn't feel as fun. I really don't like the bullet spongy enemy waves. I ended up playing 90% of Halo CE: Anniversary with the enemy plasma pistol because it was the most abundant weapon to replace and made short work of just about everything.

I also realise most people preach about the multiplayer being the more revolutionary aspect, and I can understand that I also think it was still adding physics and vehicles onto already well-established (and much twitcher and more fun IMO) death-match staples. The biggest revolutionary aspect is clearly the main-streaming of online multiplayer on consoles.

I really wanted to get into the hype as well, because I am dying for a decent single player narrative-driven high quality FPS. Thank God for Black Mesa, is all I can say.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Tue May 05, 2020 9:31 pm

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed May 06, 2020 4:55 pm

I'll be picking up the collection as soon as Halo 3 drops so that I can marathon co-op Reach through to 3 on Legendary mode. So many good memories of those campaigns.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed May 06, 2020 5:20 pm

I think 3 is where the series comes into its stride and plays really well. Halo 3 and ODST also had the best marketing campaign of any game I can think of.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed May 06, 2020 5:27 pm

Halo 3 was the best in the series for me, at least partially because it was the first with online co-op and it came out just after I left uni meaning I could carry on with our co-op shenanigans that had been a feature of my three years studying. It still had the best campaign regardless. I also remember the multiplayer for the ridiculous Tribes-esque game mode I invented and played with some of you lot (200% movement speed, low gravity, spawn with a rocket launcher and grav hammer). It was just such a complete package.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Tue May 12, 2020 6:16 pm

I enjoyed 1 to a degree but yeah 3 is my favourite, remember playing through most of it with people on here.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed May 13, 2020 11:47 am

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Thu May 14, 2020 11:24 am

Sounds like the launch has been a bit of a mess. At this point the Master Chief Collection has to be one of the buggiest games ever made.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:09 pm

Halo: Reach - Released

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary - Released

Halo 2: Anniversary - Released

Halo 3 -July 14th

ODST -TBA

Halo 4 -TBA

Just two left after this
Last edited by Hatredsheart on Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.