Cyberpunk 2077 [PC, PS4, XBone] - out September 17 2020

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Hatredsheart

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 [PC, PS4, XBone] - out September 17 2020

Post by Hatredsheart » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:34 pm

Rusty wrote:
Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:01 pm
Probably the first game I've ever bothered with the photo mode :) It's that nice.
Agreed :)

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:03 pm

I've come up against my nemesis; save points that happen directly before an unskippable cutscene followed by a combat encounter. It's in the lift in the Arasaka hotel close to the start of the game. The game does not allow you to save during combat or during cutscenes, so there's no chance to do it immediately after the conversation. The combat encounter is pretty difficult with the equipment I'm carrying, and my character is heavily invested in the Intelligence and Technical skills meaning she's not particularly good in a firefight. I'm also playing on the second hardest difficulty. Suffice to say I've played this encounter several times now without success.

On the plus side, I'm beginning to get my head around the combat hacking, using quickhacks to either disable my enemies' optics that tends to make them stand up so I can get a good shot or two in, or if they're the only one left, dash towards them and pump a shotgun slug into their head. It plays out like a bit of a high-intensity puzzle, working your way around an area trying to get security camera access to hack them from an angle from which they have no cover. I do have a few frustrations; if you attempt to throw a grenade while in cover, V will just bounce it off the thing she's hiding behind and it'll end up behind me, which is pretty useless. Also, there's a lot of what looks like cover that you can't seem to hide behind, and it's not clear until you've reached it.

I'm enjoying it a lot though, even if my progress has been pretty slow.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:37 pm

GOG advises Cyberpunk 2077 players to "keep a lower amount of items" to avoid corrupting save files.
It goes kaput over 8mb.
Save files are located at...
C:\Users\[NAME]\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077

*checks save size*
5.1mb. Uhh...

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:46 pm

3.2mb here... worth keeping an eye on. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:52 pm

So I'm out into the open world now, and it's... overwhelming. It just gives you far too many icons and not enough direction. I suppose that sorta makes sense from a worldbuilding perspective, but not really from a gaming one.

I don't even seem to have access to a car at the moment, there's just a vague quest in my journal about waiting for it to be fixed. I have Jackie's bike key, but have no idea where to find the bike. It didn't take me long to earn enough eddies to be able to afford one of the first cars that got barked at me via a message, but I don't really want to spend everything I have when my existing car *might* just become available at some point.

And man, the balancing is a little out of whack. I have a side gig to kill a cyberpsycho after examining a bloody ritual site, but although the quest is listed as "moderate" difficulty, she's like a tank and takes me down in two swipes from her arm blades. I can't back away fast enough to use an inhaler, and I do about 25% damage per clip with my best weapon (and she catches me when I reload). I've tried it repeatedly to see if there's some trick to it, but unless I've lost some tiny little detail on the scanner, it's just not possible. Even quickhacking her uses double the amount of RAM I have available so I don't have any of my usual toys to play with.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:59 pm

Those cyberpsychos early on can be difficult. I'd cruise around Watson for a while doing side gigs until you find that combo of equipment that works against them.
Oh and if you use lethal weapons on them then finish them off with a non-lethal attack, you won't kill them.

As for cars, holding down V does not bring up the vehicle list for you?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:10 pm

No, that icon is red and does nothing when the key is held (you can see it fill in as you hold the button, but nothing happens at the end). My brother was equally confused when I said that menu didn't work, so I may have encountered a bug.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:13 pm

Raid wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:10 pm
No, that icon is red and does nothing when the key is held (you can see it fill in as you hold the button, but nothing happens at the end). My brother was equally confused when I said that menu didn't work, so I may have encountered a bug.
Well, I'd imagine it's because you don't currently have a working vehicle. Follow the quest with Jackie's mum, and you'll end up with the bike. It's a touching quest anyway and well worth ticking off early.

I wouldn't buy any vehicles, the bike is great and you end up getting your old one back eventually.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:15 pm

As for the psychos, I haven't had a problem with them personally, but then my method is to go in wielding a legendary rubber dildo and cock-slapping them into submission. Melee definitely the way to go, you stagger them and in the half dozen I've taken down so far I don't think any of them have gotten in a hit.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:17 pm

What quest with Jackie's mum? I picked up the bike key, and I saw a package outside V's apartment that suggested it was from her, but I couldn't interact with the item. I don't have a quest after picking up the key that suggests it's related to the key.

This is the problem. Even after walking around the city for a few hours, I've got a quest log four pages long, and there's not much in the way of curation so it's so easy to miss things.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:19 pm

Raid wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:17 pm
What quest with Jackie's mum? I picked up the bike key, and I saw a package outside V's apartment that suggested it was from her, but I couldn't interact with the item. I don't have a quest after picking up the key that suggests it's related to the key.

This is the problem. Even after walking around the city for a few hours, I've got a quest log four pages long, and there's not much in the way of curation so it's so easy to miss things.
I dunno, I just got a quest pop up to give her a call shortly after leaving my apartment once it opens up, and it stems from there.

Is she in your address book (T)?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:31 pm

I called Mamma Welles, nothing came of it. I completed the quest "Heroes" after doing it, but nothing obvious changed.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:33 pm

Raid wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:31 pm
I called Mamma Welles, nothing came of it. I completed the quest "Heroes" after doing it, but nothing obvious changed.
She didn't invite you to a funeral?

Well, that's weird. Thinking about it, I never got a package from her and only got the bike keys after finishing the quest.

I wonder if this is because you did a different origin?
Spoiler
What did you do in the Heroes quest, because I looked it up and that's the right one. You should go to her bar, speak to her, get a key for Jackie's garage, get a memento, do the funeral and at the end she gives you the bike key. The bike should be summonable (V) from that point.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 pm

Perhaps that's it.
Spoiler
I sent the Delamaine with Jackie's body back to the ripperdoc, Jackie's mother never received it apparently. No body, no funeral as I think she put it.
It still doesn't explain how I have the key or the mysterious package that didn't seem to work and has now disappeared.

Edit: I googled it. Nobody else seems to be having the issue with the broken car menu. If I have the key, I should be able to summon the bike apparently.
Last edited by Raid on Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:40 pm

Raid wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:38 pm
Perhaps that's it.
Spoiler
I sent the Delamaine with Jackie's body back to the ripperdoc, Jackie's mother never received it apparently. No body, no funeral as I think she put it.
It still doesn't explain how I have the key or the mysterious package that didn't seem to work and has now disappeared.
Spoiler
Hm... could be. I sent his body back to his mum. The garage with the bike is very close to apartment, and is round the corner from her bar - does it show up with a drink icon on the map? I guess getting the key is the game's way of making sure you don't miss out on the reward.