Desperados 3 [PC, PS4, XBone] - June 16th

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Desperados 3 [PC, PS4, XBone] - June 16th

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:28 pm

Very nice price.

I got about halfway through before getting distracted by something else, but it's really good and I should go back and complete it one day soon.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:08 am

I almost bought it a month or so back at the £25 mark, but I was in the middle of playing something else so decided to wait. Still a good price either way.

I've only done the first tutorial mission but it looks and plays great. Some might say it's a bit of a reskin of Shadow Tactics, which it is in some ways - underneath the bonnet much of it is identical - but there's so much attention to detail it's a delight.

DjchunKfunK
Bar Staff

Post by DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:52 am

Maturin wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:08 am
I almost bought it a month or so back at the £25 mark, but I was in the middle of playing something else so decided to wait. Still a good price either way.

I've only done the first tutorial mission but it looks and plays great. Some might say it's a bit of a reskin of Shadow Tactics, which it is in some ways - underneath the bonnet much of it is identical - but there's so much attention to detail it's a delight.
The ability to pause time makes a huge difference in this game compared to Shadow Tactics where you could only slowdown time. The story and characters are also much better and more fleshed out, I'd say it is a step up from Shadow Tactics which itself was a great game. You are all in for a treat.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:12 pm

Yep, enjoying this.

Although... I wasn't expecting it to turn into a fantasy game about halfway through - with the magic witch character who can do mind control and alter reality (or whatever it is) so that enemies can die instantly if a 'soul connected' enemy nearby gets killed. Feels like it took a wrong turn for me there, after the (mostly) grounded atmospheric Western game I'd been playing up to that point. I mean, why stop there, why not give the voodoo witch the ability to fly? Or teleport across the map, etc...

So yeah, enjoying it, but Shadow Tactics tonally felt a lot tighter and I have a personal preference for the Japanese setting.

I just wish they had the rights to Commandos, a WW2 game would be immense by these devs.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:03 am

On gamepass from tomorrow
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.