Wartales - medieval mercenary tactics game

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Wartales - medieval mercenary tactics game

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:40 am

As a few of us are playing this (and are a bit obsessed with it in mine and Bird's cases lol), thought it made sense to start a thread.

Share your thoughts and tips here! :)

Wrathbone
Local

Re: Wartales - medieval mercenary tactics game

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:43 am

I played for a few hours when it first hit early access and quite enjoyed it. Haven't gone back to it yet but hopefully it's a bit more feature-complete at this point. ;)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:44 am

One of mine would be region progression if you're not playing the level-scaling mode, as I ran afoul of high level ones a couple of times and got stomped lol.

The three regions you can pick at the beginning are definitely the first three you should be doing, I found it didn't really matter which you choose to do second, as long as you do the third of those regions third. By the time you leave the last of these three you should be around level 6-7.

The three regions thereafter seem to be set in this order - Harag/Ludern (level 7-8), Gosenberg/Grinmeer (level 9-10) and finally Dronbach (level 11-12).

It was quite interesting taking my level 6 mercs straight into Dronbach :lol:

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:46 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:43 am
I played for a few hours when it first hit early access and quite enjoyed it. Haven't gone back to it yet but hopefully it's a bit more feature-complete at this point. ;)
I definitely is.

I like it so much that even though I'm playing it on my channel I started a second campaign to play off-cam because I'd already uploaded three weeks' worth of videos in the first few days and it was starting to get silly, but I couldn't stop playing :lol: