Gotham Knights October 25th

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: Gotham Knights October 25th

Post by Snowy » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:27 am

Lennyquantum wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:22 am
I think it's clear to see more and more that the delay that came about in early 2021 did so as a direct result of Avengers failing as a LSG, Gotham Knights was once pretty much intended to be released as one too would be my best guess - all the elements are there that it was. The game dropping last gen platforms while still being absolutely plagued with performance issues and a current gen 30fps cap - it just tells you that the game had a sudden change of heart development period, one that reviews and the horrible reception will tell you something went very, very wrong. Yet for all of this, the game seems to be selling far better than you would expect, it is a Batman related game after all so I guess that was a given. Another completely broken but sold incredibly well game, yay.

I don't know if WB Montreal can do enough to bring the game up to scratch over time when it already had an entire year of delay, but it's evident that some seriously poor decisions were made and it was finally booted out the door anyway. For me this was the one game I had been looking forward to all year long, as of today it's not in my Steam purchased list even though I can pick it up for £38 but if owners of 4090's are seeing dips below 60 frames it looks like I won't be going anywhere near the game for a very long time, if at all. Guess I always have Arkham Oranges I could reinstall instead. This just makes me kinda sad.

What has AAA gaming turned into?
I think there is a fundamental issue with Gotham Knights, that being that the characters you can play are not at all interesting. I was passing aware of Batgirl and Robin, the other two not so much, but do I have any real interest in them as characters? No. It takes some balls to make a Batman game and then take Batman out of it, primarily because people are going to be turned off by it - precisely what has happened, but compounded with a number of fuck-ups from the studio which have just made it worse.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=