TGA Ghosts - co-op goodness for all

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Snowy
Local

Re: TGA Ghosts - co-op goodness for all

Post by Snowy » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:22 pm

Killing Floor 2? Apparently that is a 6-player game. I think I own it but no idea what it is like.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:42 pm

If you pick something with a higher player limit then I will try and drop it as much as I can find the time.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:09 pm

Snowy wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:22 pm
Killing Floor 2? Apparently that is a 6-player game. I think I own it but no idea what it is like.
Currently £2 on CD Keys so could be a good shout

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:53 pm

My games budget is pretty minimal right now, so something that's only a couple of quid is appealing. Trailer looks good too.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:30 pm

I could be up some more co op shenanigans in the near future. I'll check out killing foor 2.

I finally uninstalled Breakpoint as it just felt like time to move on.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:39 pm

Recently we have been playing Outriders (via Gamepass for the most part), but have dallied with Magicka, Borderlands 3 and most recently RDR2 Online.

The more the merrier, jump into Discord any time!
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:35 pm

Yes, we're getting multiple sessions in a week at the moment, sometimes 4 or 5 hours on saturdays and sundays.

Red Dead Online has properly gotten its hooks into me, to the point where I'm playing for hours at a time just by myself. It's such a good co-op experience because the freeform nature of the game and the admittedly quite clunky character movement and animation system lead to hilarious accidents. It's a long time since I laughed so hard at a multiplayer game (I mean the proper, take a moment afterward to catch your breath kind of laughter), because Dave fell off a roof trying to pose for a photo, or because we lumped a headless, legless corpse on the desk of the world's laziest sheriff to see if it would provoke a reaction out of him (it didn't, the man just loves his chair it seems). Sometimes we ride cinematically through the stunning environment in a storm, or just stand around marvelling at how bloody beautiful the game can be (while I moan about the lack of a proper photo mode).

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 pm

For everything we have come together to play since starting our co-operative endeavours, the very last game on my mind that would ever have expected would strike as hot as it has was Red Dead Revolver 2. This was a game I personally both struggled with and had lambasted rather significantly since I put in a few hours of play and soon abandoned as a poor purchase choice, honestly convinced I would never install it ever again. And yet only a few hours of galloping across the scenery in an at times remarkably instinctive and always cool looking horse posse with Snowy, Raid and El Gaucho while on comms has made me realise the error of my ways. I was the issue, not always the game. Sure there are still the little niggling aspects but so many of the things I once viewed as pure flaws are so often the very thing that bring about the most unexpected, gut busting and even delightful happenings I've ever witnessed as part of a group in a game world - it's all been very much worth it.

And it's being a part of this online posse riding from mission to mission combined with the constant banter that fills the space in-between that sometimes has us all in stitches and the general shenanigans we all get up to both as individuals and as a group has made my time on the game an instant favourite that I can't wait to jump back in on. It's kind of like being part of a clown car in-between missions seeing who can raise the biggest intentional and unintentional hilarity then suddenly being part of a crack death squad once we arrive, and boy do we mean business when we do. It doesn't hurt that controlling your horse while shooting back at enemies trying to take your own head off is so damn fun, everything about the game quickly became a complete instinctive act that feels so damn cool from noticing the positions your posse has taken up without any kinds of directions really being given to again the way we simply ride as a unit together so gracefully and carefully (not always lol) and the world around you is just so...difficult to really put into words as its ever-changing yet always makes you kind of slow down your gallop to take it in. It's honestly breathtaking at times.

We quite literally spent much of our weekend riding the plains, killing and taking names and I can see us putting a frankly disgusting amount of time into it in the coming weeks as a dedicated posse and could not think of a better bunch of guys to do it with.

Just don't mention to the gang that I spent all my money on clothes and am still playing with starter weapons.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:22 pm

Lennyquantum wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 pm
Just don't mention to the gang that I spent all my money on clothes and am still playing with starter weapons.
We can get a poker game going between the two of us Dave, I will lose enough to let you replace your guns :)
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:21 am

Lennyquantum wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:20 pm
Is... is that not how you're supposed to play? Hell, I've even got a second outfit designed, I just need the money to pay for it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:35 am

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:00 am

I might hop on at some point, probably can't commit to being a regular member of the posse though!

eny

Post by eny » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:37 am

I still have a full install too, I got quite a way into the SP. I vaguely remember a brief sojourn online with Snowy when I first got the game, and couldn't get out of a wolf death/respawn/death loop so gave up MP until I got familiar with the game and just never left SP, it was soooo good...so I will keep an eye on Discord and hop in with you guys if that's ok.

Is it plug and play or do I need to set up a new t00n?
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:14 pm

Whatever you fancy, really. Snowy's at the point where he ran out of things to buy, but the rest of us have only just started.

Given that there's a few more people interested, how do people like to be referred to as? We tend to go by our real first names, obviously if you'd prefer to stick to usernames that's fine.

eny

Post by eny » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:22 pm

Christian name in the chat is OK for me, I usually defer to privacy on more public fora, but not particularly bothered.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn