Battlefield 6

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Animalmother
Local

Re: Battlefield 6

Post by Animalmother » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Bunch of negative bastards!! :x

Aye there's a fair few unknowns going with this version of Battlefield. The one thing I always liked about it was the 4 classes, vehicles and just blowing shit up. It's a simple formula that doesn't need changing. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see more. Game play revel is on Sunday.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:44 am

Achtung Englander wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:16 pm
one thing is for sure. 64 players on each side = zero strategy and a complete free for all

Joy :|
Must agree with you here. There's no strategy shown in the reveal, in any case - here's a mob of dudes all clustered together, or running full tilt in the wide open, like a Mongolian hoard except with guns instead of swords :P They know their player base. And don't get me started on a dozen dudes cramming themselves like sardines in a tin into a kill zone, four-foot-wide hallway. I realize this is in-game engine produced but is that mo-cap going to actually be in the game? There's a lot going on.

It does indeed look like BF free-for-all which was fun way back in the day, in short bursts, but since going co-op I have a really hard time backpedaling to pvp shenanigans, pretty as it might look.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:01 am

Animalmother wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:02 pm
Bunch of negative bastards!! :x

Aye there's a fair few unknowns going with this version of Battlefield. The one thing I always liked about it was the 4 classes, vehicles and just blowing shit up. It's a simple formula that doesn't need changing. But I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see more. Game play revel is on Sunday.
Its the Michael Bay of video games. Nothing wrong in that and it can be a lot of fun, but after 2 hours of it I would be bored.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:22 am

So are we implying there was strategy in 64 player Battlefield? :lol:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:53 am

I still play BF5 and if the one team is organised they utterly wipe the floor with the opposition. On the other hand I had a game yesterday that went to the final ticket (extremely rare) and was an absolute blast.

I know I probably sound like I'm fanboying it up but I still do enjoy BF and really want this to be good.
Solitaire wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:44 am
Must agree with you here. There's no strategy shown in the reveal, in any case - here's a mob of dudes all clustered together, or running full tilt in the wide open, like a Mongolian hoard except with guns instead of swords :P They know their player base. And don't get me started on a dozen dudes cramming themselves like sardines in a tin into a kill zone, four-foot-wide hallway.
I've seen a few comments from people with military experience bemoaning the sheer stupidity on display alright :lol:

128 player meat grinder levels like Metro or Fort Vaux. Christ :?
Last edited by Animalmother on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:55 am

Are you even playing Battlefield right if you're not strapping C4 to a jeep and trying to launch it off a cliff at a helicopter?

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:57 pm

A lot of it was next gen versions of some of the crazy stuff people do in the game including the rendezook (the pilot killing the jet with the rpg).

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:06 am

Animal, if my rig can run it and I've got some extra $$, I'd gladly team up with you online, if that's possible. I was in a clan for a bit during the olden BF days and you're right, voice comms and just a bit of organization to a squad and we steamrolled every pub server, unless we met up with a similarly kitted-up squad, all of which was good fun. Like Snowy said, though - I'm getting a bit older now haha, and the twitch-fests were never my thing to begin with. I'm a much better strategist than I am reflex player.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:45 pm

Cool, be nice to actually play it with someone :D Hopefully it will be cross platform with the new consoles at least.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:52 pm

Looks like an absolute cluster fuck, but boy does it look fun.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:54 pm

Battlefield has always been a clusterfuck, it's just that they're finally leaning into it with the marketing.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:57 pm

It does look like a right laugh right enough. I would probably take the plunge if we had other TWG regulars in for some regular sessions.

Even though I just fucking know it won't be as much fun as that vid makes out
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:00 pm

Yeah, the only way I'd ever even attempt to play another Battlefield game was if a group of us decided to buy it and play together. I just don't find these things fun anymore without friends.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:08 pm

Plus I have to say, I would probably be playing along thinking "Yeah, could be playing something in co-op just now..."

For me co-op play beats the ever-loving shit out of anything adversarial.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:20 pm

There was an air of Bad Company 2 about that gameplay, lunatics with access to military weapons let loose on each other :lol: