The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:29 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 am
:lol:

Surely you can just point them in the direction of school and give them a firm shove so they slide all the way there?
Six feels a little bit young to brave the mile-long journey to school across dual carriageways and the badlands of Basingstoke on her own... but I am counting down the days, believe me.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Stormbringer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:36 am

Snowy wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 am
I love winter.
Snowy on a winter's morning:

I like elements of every season, to be honest. I'm not sure I have a favourite.

I also forgot to mention how much I love sausages and bacon. And while we're at it, FULL ENGLISH BREAKFASTS. Best meal ever.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 am

Too right. If I had the time to have a full English breakfast every morning, I would. Sausages, bacon, fried eggs, hash brown and beans are mandatory, ideally with some scrambled eggs, black pudding and a small amount of toast.

Not mushrooms, though. Mushrooms have no place on any plate of mine. And tomato for breakfast makes no sense to me.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:52 am

I used to not like mushrooms and tomatos with my FEB, but have come to appreciate them in my old age.

Black pudding, though? No chance. Never tried it, but the appearance of it, and the idea idea of it, is just too much for me.
The hissing of rats

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:54 am

Black pudding is great if you don't think about what it is. ;)

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 am

Stormbringer wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:52 am
I used to not like mushrooms and tomatos with my FEB, but have come to appreciate them in my old age.

Black pudding, though? No chance. Never tried it, but the appearance of it, and the idea idea of it, is just too much for me.
The only time I've had black pudding was as part of a posh Christmas dinner organised by the agency I used to work for and was invited along for. Was a bit tentative at first, but it was bloody lovely.

However, having had such a nice example of it as an introduction I've felt no compunction to have a more common-or-garden variant, as I'm sure it will be nowhere near as nice, and the idea of what it is does put me off rather.

Still, if you're somewhere fancy and it's on the menu, give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:57 am

Heading to Bury again next week and it seems to be black pudding with everything there. In rolls with picallili, with salad, everything apart from ice cream.
Unless I missed that.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:41 am
Too right. If I had the time to have a full English breakfast every morning, I would. Sausages, bacon, fried eggs, hash brown and beans are mandatory, ideally with some scrambled eggs, black pudding and a small amount of toast.

Not mushrooms, though. Mushrooms have no place on any plate of mine. And tomato for breakfast makes no sense to me.
You and I are the same.

And Doug, try some black pudding, it is delicious!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:46 pm

I could eat mushrooms with every meal. I used to hate them but one day the flavour just clicked with me and now I can't get enough.

I'm not divided on seasons either like most are. Spring I can take or leave, but summer, autumn and winter all have their boons that I really enjoy.

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:01 pm

Sunrise.
Starting work early means catching the many colours of the sunrise every day during late spring, summer, and autumn. Broken clouds and vapour trails create a new picture to admire everyday. Yes.

Have some vaporwave to go with the image of the sunrise.

Tichinde

Post by Tichinde » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:31 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:54 am
Black pudding is great if you don't think about what it is. ;)
Never eat black pudding on its own, it's awful.
Put it *with* something though.....treat it like the ultimate condiment and you'll be just fine.

In no particular order
Every morning when I go to my daughter's room and she looks up at me and smiles
Coffee
Painting little dudes
The thought of playing a game with said dudes (note to self, entry for 101: friends who arn't painting their dudes quick enough so we can play).
The £5k bonus I've been informed that I am getting at the end of this month is pretty cool too.
"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:50 am

Nice. Congrats on the bonus Tich.

Tichinde

Post by Tichinde » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:42 am

Yes, it's my first work related bonus since I've worked here.
You always hear about people getting £50 here, £100 there, never seen or heard of a 4 figure bonus.
I also know I'm not the only one who got one either so this must have been a big win for management.

You know what else is worth cheering about? At 9 and a half months, my little girl might have found herself a sleep rhythm.
She's slept through for the last 4 or 5 nights. We're getting up at 6am, but at least it's not 3!
"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:24 am

Well done. We used Gina Ford's sleep training programme for all ours. Had them sleeping (in their own room) from 7pm to 6am every day since they were babies. Now they do 8pm to 7am, which is very reasonable.
The hissing of rats

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Central heating.

With the temperatures cooling as September rolls on, I've just turned the CH on again for the first time since the summer started and the house feels all warm and toasty. So nice!
The hissing of rats