The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Exciting adventures IRL.
eny

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by eny » Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:41 am

Wordle 217 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟨⬛🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Wrathbone
Local

Re: The Room 102 thread - for things you love or just having a bloody good praise!

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:59 pm

Audible free trials. I dabble with audiobooks very rarely, but every time I do I find that Audible is offering me another 30 day free trial which includes 2 free books of my choice. I have small audiobook library now which I've never paid a penny for, and I have absolutely no idea how that works given that I always cancel the sub and have never paid a penny. Does the trial reset after a certain amount of time, or has something gone wrong and one day Jeff Bezos is going to kick my door down and demand money? I'm really not sure, but for now I'm taking the stance of hooray, free books!

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:14 pm

I think its 12 months because I do the same :lol: You can also abuse their no quibble returns policy and return them after you listen for a free credit. Though... they do quibble after you do that a few times. :mrgreen:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:35 am

This is the first winter I've spent in the home I moved into last year, and it turns out that at this time of year, the sun rises directly opposite the front of the house. On a clear day, the sun shines directly through the window of the en-suite in which I shower on a morning. The light diffuses through the textured glass, again through the condensation on the window, then hits the glass shower cubicle directly opposite and diffuses a third time. I get bathed in intense golden light as I shower. It's glorious. I imagine it's what a particularly righteous RPG paladin feels at all times.

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:45 pm

A golden shower you might say.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:01 pm

Let it fly.

I’m not sure what Raid looks like but my minds eye certainly thinks it knows what his sunlit shower body looks like.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:26 pm

Picture a Greek Adonis, with flowing blonde hair and a smile that can impregnate a woman (and some men) from ten paces. Now allow that image to distract you from the fact that you still have no idea what I look like.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:59 pm

I still picture you as a man covered in piss.

But that's ok.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:27 pm

So long as you don't smell me as a man covered in piss.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:14 pm

Amy Winehouse.

What could've been. Has there been anybody even halfway comparable since?

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:15 am

Alan wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:01 pm
Let it fly.
From your pretty....
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

eny

Post by eny » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:15 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:04 pm

Gene Kelly for 102.

Just an insanely talented man. I find it hard to watch any of his movies without a smile. I think hes my favorite classic movie star by a fair bit. Reading his biography now he also seems like a really decent guy too, though someone writing a biography may have some slant on that.

Come on, how great is that! 1944 using double exposures. When you think about all the marks and timing he had to hit to make it look that convincing with any reshoots needing to be done twice its fantastic. It only looks a bit dodgy when he returns to the window at the end but even that kind of works. IF that were today the second him would be CG and probably so would his legs. My younger self would balk at me saying this but tap-dancing is badass ¬_¬

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:34 pm

There's the odd bit where ghost Kelly seems to glide across the floor (because the camera on his shot moved out of time to the other), but other than that it's remarkably well done. The precision in the dance move timing is seriously impressive.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:19 pm

Went on my first holiday in a few years and it was great. Was a bit worried about the flight, having to sit so near other people in a narrow metal tube in a mask for 2 and half hours but that was fine (people on planes still act like pricks but hey ho). Really nice to get away for a bit and not look at the news for a few days, felt normal. :P

Airports are still some form of cruel social experiment to break your will to live mind you.