The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Rossell

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Rossell » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Aye not brilliant here either.

Went to work for the first time today in roughly 5 months. Went into the communal car park and was the first in. Had loads of choice of space. Parked up, went to the passenger door to get some stuff out.

Lo and behold there was a dead rabbit by my door. Of all of the spaces I could've picked.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:53 am

Noisy neighbours again. Yesterday morning I was woken up at 6.30am by next door's bellend of a kid stomping around and bellowing like an Edwin. This happens most mornings now. Then last night some neighbours whose back garden backs onto mine were making a racket outside from 11pm until 3am (the third or fourth time in the last couple of months). I ended up filing an incident report to the police in the middle of the night, who made every attempt to be helpful but ultimately couldn't do anything, even though I pointed out that they were loudly changing song lyrics to Allahu Akbar and the person living opposite them is a Muslim man who suffered racial abuse a while back - i.e. potential hate crime territory. I also submitted an online noise complaints form to the council this morning, which is probably a rabbit hole I'm not going to enjoy going down, but fuck me, enough is enough.

Would it be overkill to go biblical and have a sack of locusts delivered to them?

https://www.reptilecentre.com/locusts-f ... 3Asize=tag

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:55 am

Get a wreath delivered instead, see if that gets the message across ;)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:59 am

:lol:

Maybe a horse mask and some fake blood to go along with it.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 am

Send a letter to the husband telling him you love him and how much you miss him then sign it from a random female name. Sit back and listen for the fireworks.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:53 am

what is a letter ?
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:54 am

A printed DM.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:17 am

Just had a call from the police following up the possible racist aspect to it. There's not much they can do to pursue it unless an individual comes forward and says they've suffered abuse from them, but at least I've got it on file. Any racist incident in the immediate area is presumably going to result on a knock on their door now.

Have to say, as much as the police's hands are tied with this sort of thing, I'm impressed with how professionally they've dealt with it. It wasn't simply dismissed out of hand as "this is beyond our purview", as has happened in the past.

EDIT - And another courtesy call from the police to let me know they've decided to go talk to them after all! :o My guess is they got a tonne of reports on them last night.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:16 pm

Nice one

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:54 pm

On a much more minor note; software interfaces that truncate text that they can't fit with "..." or similar, ie:
In the first screenshot from Samsung Health, it can't fit the percent symbol as well as the decimal point, so it shows neither. It could easily fit the percentage symbol in if it just did away with the decimal which really doesn't add anything (fractions of a percent are too small to be useful). In the second from a folder on my Pixel 2's default launcher, the app names are truncated and there is no way of changing them so that they don't, or hiding the names altogether.

It's not bad enough for me to fumble around with alternative Android launchers, but it irritates me because it looks untidy. That information is basically lost, there's no way of displaying it, so the "..." is a bit like the "Here's what you could have won" from Bullseye, it's needlessly taunting.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:02 am

Think I have a mild dose of the flu. No coughing or Covid type stuff, just aches, pains and sore eyes etc. Luckily I was sitting on my arse doing nothing anyway, now I have an excuse. Silver linings :?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:03 am

People who raise their eyebrows at the state of a cup of tea you've made for yourself and comment about how it's got too much / too little milk in it.

I made it. It's how I want it. :x

My favourite comment is "I couldn't drink that." Good, because it's not your tea!

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:11 pm

Trapped nerves.

I didnt really know what the plop a trapped nerve was two weeks ago but now its just driving me absolutely nuts. The low level nagging pain in the shoulder I can take, it's the weird waves of pins and needles in my hand and forearm that are the absolute worst! Just cut it off and be done with it!
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:35 pm

Got new glasses during the week and the fuckers are cutting into the side of my nose, really sore. Checked them and the nose rests are bent on a band new fucking pair!! Have to toddle in and get them adjusted. Anything I've spent more than a 300 quid on in the past few months has been defective or has broken.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Random musing.

I would like to build an app that tracks when a phone app is in active use and then restrict you from using it for a set time. Like only being able to use Facebook every hour.

That would kick a lot of this social media in the ass.