The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
User avatar
Animalmother
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Animalmother » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Drarok wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 pm
lumbar puncher
That's a weird job! :mrgreen:
I'm going to blame autocorrect on that one... 8-[

Now people are talking about back injuries and I'm going to faint away like a delicate flower :lol:

User avatar
Mantis
Landlord
Posts: 2082
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: The Grid

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Mantis » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:22 pm

I had a lumbar puncture about three weeks ago that they botched badly on the first attempt. Want to see the photo of my back with all the holes where they missed the right place? :lol:

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Snowy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:49 am

Drarok wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 pm
I was in school headed to a lesson, my foot landed weirdly on some uneven floor and that was it. Had to stop in my tracks to compose myself! So unexpected and fuckin' painful. :cry:
One of the mosst common ways to throw your back out - the floor not being where you expect it to be. The other is sneezing.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

arqueturus
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by arqueturus » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:02 pm

Cleaning my fucking teeth, I'm 6' 4'' - it's something to do with being half bent - it's causes my back to ping out and then take a few days to a week to get over it

User avatar
Raid
Posts: 1921
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am
Location: Keep of the Lead Lord

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Raid » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:22 pm

Websites that do something other than moving page content up or down when you scroll up or down. This sort of thing. It was neat the first time I saw one of these several years back, but now it's just annoying. I can't read one without content stopping halfway through a "page", meaning I need to constantly scroll up and down to see the site the way the developer intended.

User avatar
Wrathbone
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Wrathbone » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:36 pm

Snowy wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:49 am
Drarok wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 pm
I was in school headed to a lesson, my foot landed weirdly on some uneven floor and that was it. Had to stop in my tracks to compose myself! So unexpected and fuckin' painful. :cry:
One of the mosst common ways to throw your back out - the floor not being where you expect it to be. The other is sneezing.
I discovered this about an hour ago while carrying dishes in both hands through to the kitchen, and I was hit by a sneeze so hard that my wrecked back almost knocked me flat to the floor. At the moment my back is so bad that I’m unsteady on my feet, so having my hands full meant I couldn’t stabilise myself with anything. It felt like someone had drop-kicked me right in the spine.

This is easily the worst my back has ever been. Fingers crossed I’ve not slipped a disc or anything. :?

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Snowy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:36 pm
Snowy wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:49 am
Drarok wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 pm
I was in school headed to a lesson, my foot landed weirdly on some uneven floor and that was it. Had to stop in my tracks to compose myself! So unexpected and fuckin' painful. :cry:
One of the mosst common ways to throw your back out - the floor not being where you expect it to be. The other is sneezing.
I discovered this about an hour ago while carrying dishes in both hands through to the kitchen, and I was hit by a sneeze so hard that my wrecked back almost knocked me flat to the floor. At the moment my back is so bad that I’m unsteady on my feet, so having my hands full meant I couldn’t stabilise myself with anything. It felt like someone had drop-kicked me right in the spine.

This is easily the worst my back has ever been. Fingers crossed I’ve not slipped a disc or anything. :?
If it is lumbar vertebrae, try this exercise: Lie flat on your back on your bed and grip a pillow between your knees (have your thighs and calves each 45 degrees from the bed, so your knee makes a right angle). Now push your hips up off the bed as far as you can comfortably do. Push your hips up and down gently, stopping if you reach a point that is painful. Now rotate your knees left and right, which will also rotate your pelvis the same direction, again stop if you reach a point that is painful. Repeat that exercise every 30-60 minutes until the pain backs off, pun intended.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

User avatar
Wrathbone
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Wrathbone » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:32 pm

Cheers, will give it a go. :)

EDIT - This has helped far more than any of the other exercises I’ve tried, so a huge thanks for that!

User avatar
Snowy
Posts: 1250
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am
Location: Ballhang

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Snowy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:24 pm

No problem. When I first herniated a disc in my back, I waited much too long before I sought treatment. Thankfully an osteopath who has treated the British olympic team as well as several top rugby teams lives around the corner from me - he reckons I was moments from a prolapse (which sadly happened a few years later) and this exercise got me back from the brink. It is something I do regularly, whenever I get flare-ups.

If you can get to your doctor, a prescription of Naproxen (anti-inflammatory) is also very helpful, I have it on a repeat prescription and again use if for managing flare-ups.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

User avatar
Wrathbone
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Wrathbone » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:50 am

Yeah, I’m going to ring the doctor’s tomorrow. I’ve still got some Naproxen from years ago when I had a jaw inflammation, but I’m guessing it’s way past its shelf life now.

Rossell
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:58 pm

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Rossell » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:38 pm

Was in asda today saw resident evil 2 and sekiro on ps4 for the grand total of £13 together. This is crazy, resi is about 20 quid, sekiro on amazon in the £40 range.

Got to the til. After being redirected twice because no one wanted to accept responsibility for the cabinet with the discs in, found out they weren't in stock. Poor girl who worked that cabinet initially gave me resi 3. Meh.

User avatar
Animalmother
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Animalmother » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:16 am

I assume the weather is utter ballhang where everyone else is as well? :(

User avatar
Alan
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:35 pm

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Alan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:21 am

Hot and sticky :(
I used to be eVoL but I got better.
I like everything now.

User avatar
Sly Boots
Bar Staff
Posts: 3918
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:34 am
Location: Hampshire
Contact:

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Absolutely chucking it down, and has been for a few days. I prefer it to the 35oC temps we were getting before that, though!

User avatar
Animalmother
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Animalmother » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Pissing rain with a side order of fine drizzle here.

Post Reply