The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Drarok

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Drarok » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:58 am

People. What a bunch of bastards.

Had the misfortune to need to go into a shop once or twice recently, and people are wearing masks only covering their mouths, squeezing past me without a thought to distancing, and I fucking hate every single one of them and wish they would all fuck the fuck off.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:38 pm

I went to asda with my mother last week and some worker with no mask on bent down to the shelf right next to my mother's head to fill it up. She was well aware she was there.

My mother did the honourable thing and loudly said "let's go, these people are idiots" turned round and walked.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:47 pm

Glad I'm not the only one noticing this phenomenon. The other day I wandered into our local supermarket without a mask... I was daydreaming basically, and as soon as the (masked) guard at the entrance spoke to me I put on the one I'd brought.

The next week I was in there, and counted at least half a dozen people not wearing a mask of any description, including members of staff and a couple of elderly ladies. Did standards slip so far in the space of a week?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:18 pm

I've managed to avoid this entirely by not leaving the house since September. Can't say I miss the throng of idiots you tend to find out in the wild.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:50 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-55286407

Our Prime Minister.

Honestly, I can't take this anymore. Someone just shoot him.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm

Maybe he could get away with that sort of derogatory nonsense when he was a minor MP, but on the world stage he just looks like a fucking backwards idiot. He's an example we can all point to when we want to show the attitudes we're all trying to move civilisation away from. It's also maybe not the time to be championing international co-operation as one of the chief architects of withdrawing the UK from any global significance.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:24 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:29 pm
I don't have as much of a problem with email (probably because I don't get that many at work due to the way we organise stuff), but there are definitely people who will send an email with the fire-and-forget attitude of "I'm emailed someone so it's not my problem anymore".

I've not actually had a work phone (mobile or desk phone) for about 8 years. They ditched them all suddenly and replaced them with VOIP headsets that didn't really work, so inevitably nobody used them. Yet another case of corporate insanity, where sweeping changes are made to save a few pennies without any kind of staff consultation or consideration of how it might change the way the business works.
I'm allowed a work phone but I don't have one. I don't mind giving my own number out and having it in my e-mail, because I'm that confident nobody is going to fucking misappropriate it for the reasons already discussed.

I think I'm quite lucky with work in that we rarely have sweeping changes that seem entirely non-sensical. Hear of them all the time though.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:03 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:12 pm
Maybe he could get away with that sort of derogatory nonsense when he was a minor MP, but on the world stage he just looks like a fucking backwards idiot. He's an example we can all point to when we want to show the attitudes we're all trying to move civilisation away from. It's also maybe not the time to be championing international co-operation as one of the chief architects of withdrawing the UK from any global significance.
I've seen various reports of his recent meeting with Von Der Leyen. I'm sure there is a degree of exaggeration and untruth to some of the examples of things he is rumoured to have said, but the general consensus all round from the EU side is that it was an absolute car crash of a dinner. Other than trying to implore them to go around the agreed negotiating position by striking side deals with individual leaders of member states, can you imagine some of the utter shite he probably came out with?

This is what happens when you elect the village idiot for a laugh. And worse, it's all a cover for far more insidious motives from his backers who have nothing but their own personal self interest at play.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:26 pm

I assume he's already got the penthouse suite in Room 101, but Hancock 'crying' on GMB.

A show trial awaits for him in Tommy's Britain.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:13 pm

A load of bellends. You can bet once the USA stops being an embarrassment they'll get a kick up the arse because all the focus will turn towards them. We hope.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:33 pm

CeX pronouncing their name as “sex”.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:17 am

This fucker, yet again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55322985

If I ever saw him in person, it would take all of my common sense not to rush over and accidentally elbow him repeatedly in the face with a pantomime "whooooops". And if some unlikely turn of events ended with us watching Cummings and Trump in a pit fight to the death, I wouldn't lose sleep over who won or lost.

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:25 pm

I walked into the local supermarket the other day behind this guy, who - I shit you not - lowered his mask to fucking cough everywhere, then returned his mask to the correct position once he'd sprayed his disease everywhere.

=D>

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:01 pm

File that in the drawer marked "Well he's a fucking moron."

I have sneezed in my mask before that's not fun.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:10 am

The YouTube algorithm strikes again. Got recommended a cheerful Scottish chap talking about "Mad lads of history!!". Had a look and it was funny and interesting so checked out another one about Scottish history, again it was interesting if a bit intense in places. Started seeing references to "Nazi Pug" in the comments, what the fuck?!... Scrolled down through the videos, an interview with Alex Jones, free speech, a video directed at Father Ted/IT Crowd creator Graham Linehan and other random bullshit.

Googled the guy and discovered he's an alt right prick who posted a video of himself training a pug to do the nazi salute, almost went to jail over it, is a member of UKIP and sounds like an all round bellend. And YouTube thinks it was a good recommendation for me, lucky I took a few minutes to investigate the Edwin or by now I'd be in a bunker wrapped in tinfoil waiting for the government to turn my frogs gay or something :?