Snowy
Local

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Snowy » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:58 pm

Drarok wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:41 am
Jira.

That's it. That's the whole post.
If you think Jira is bad (it is, but...) you should try using Planview. Utter bottom-shelf shite.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:22 am

CES and AI.

It's like when everything was iSomething because of the iPod. No Samsung, a hoover that detects what the surface you are using it on and changes settings is not fucking AI.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:11 pm

Fucking Amazon. Was listening out for a delivery, saw that I was the next stop on the tracker map, saw the van drive by the window, watched the tracker dot go past me on the map.

Then watched the status change to delivered.

I went outside and checked behind bins, etc, to make sure I wasn't going mad. Nothing. The fucker didn't even stop the vehicle, just drove on by and marked it as job jobbed. I thought that maybe he'd just cocked up the tracking system, but it's half an hour later and still no parcel. Clearly he's making a beeline for CEX to sell whatever he's got left.

At least Yodel have the bloody decency to throw your parcel in the general direction of your house as they drive by!

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:23 am

Backseat amateur doctors whose snake oil solution for every fucking malady out there is to go for a walk. Walking is good, yes. It is not a substitute for actual medical anaylsis and treatment. These are the sort of people who think saying "touch grass" means they've won an argument.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:31 pm

iOi.

Hitman 3 comes out. It lets you import your saves and all the levels from Hitman 1 and 2 if you own them with the season pass content too.

Fucking perfect. Exactly how it should be done. 100% good work, cannot be bettered.

But wait iOi say, we can make it worse! We shall release World Of Assassination which will streamline the process! It will remove the ability to buy Hitman 3 but this will give a pack that includes Hitman 1+DLC, Hitman 2 with NO DLC and Hitman 3. Oh and since were packing them together were removing the ability to import your saves and levels so even if you own the DLC to Hitman 2 you have no way to get it in 3 without rebuying it.

Fine. It's a way shitter way of doing things but whatever.

But wait iOi say, that seems not convoluted enough! We are now making the base World Of Assassination World Of Assassination Part One which includes Hitman 1 and maybe 3 though people seem confused as to if its just the starter pack or not. It locks out VR mode and that rogue mode unless you buy a DLC pack of them.

The literally had it perfect to start with! They have put a whole bunch of developer hours into making everything worse!

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:20 pm

Alan wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:31 pm
The literally had it perfect to start with! They have put a whole bunch of developer hours into making everything worse!
Sadly this happens bloody everywhere, not just in games. Besides, IOI are literally villains.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:20 pm

It being about 14°C in the middle of February. I hate the cold, but I also hate putting on multiple layers assuming it's going to be Baltic out and sweating after a few minutes.

Old man shakes fist at global warming..

eny

Post by eny » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:12 pm

We get this most years...the birds start nesting then COLD SNAP HELL FROM THE NORTH/EAST...
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:34 pm

Was just thinking that, we've had heavy snowfalls as late as April in recent years...

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:04 pm

I would take cold, I would take heat. I am just utterly fed up with middling temperatures, high winds and rain.

I walk 6.5km to work (admittedly more out of choice than necessity; I don't drive but walking's preferable to busses which wouldn't be any quicker anyway), and there's no way to do it without wearing a waterproof jacket and over-trousers because I'm soaked through by the time I get there if I don't. Waterproofs are uncomfortably sweaty when worn for that length of a walk.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:48 am

Domino-hoohoo.

It's not a thing. It will never be a thing. Stop trying to make it a thing. I would say it has actively made me never want a domino's pizza again but that ship sailed the last time I had a domino's pizza.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:52 am

Alan wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:48 am
Domino-hoohoo.

It's not a thing. It will never be a thing. Stop trying to make it a thing. I would say it has actively made me never want a domino's pizza again but that ship sailed the last time I had a domino's pizza.
+1!

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:32 am

The last time I had a Domino’s, it was a desiccated husk of a pizza that looked and tasted like it’d been made several days earlier. It had the culinary equivalent of rigor mortis.

Papa John’s is marginally better, but their delivery prices are obscene, even with deals.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:57 am

Silly warm all week and now it's fucking snowing...

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:39 pm

This week I decided to make some long-needed alterations to my sim rig. You'll note that post was from 2021, and I mentioned that I still needed to mount my racing pedals. Well, it's 2024 now, and I still haven't finished mounting my racing pedals. They've been attached, sure, but not in a particularly ergonomic position, and the reason I've been putting it off is because this is the most hateful thing to adjust I've ever owned. It's complicated by the fact that I have separate driving and rudder pedals. The rudder pedals are wide, and I can just about get the driving ones, which are fairly narrow as I don't use a clutch, mounted in a position in front where I can get my legs to either side to operate the rudder (I move the seat back for the racing setup, and forward for flight to make sure I can get my feet comfortably on either set). I have spent a total of around 4 hours over two nights attempting to get the position right. No word of a lie, 90 minutes of that was trying to get two bolts in, because the bolts that slide into the grooves in the aluminium profile will spring out of useable position at the slighted nudge, and I have to insert a bolt through an extremely heavy pedal mounting plate into said nut blind because of how it's all laid out and how close to the ground it is. There is absolutely no other way to do this that I can think of save for flipping the entire thing on its side, and to do that I'd have to disassemble all of my flight sim gear else the entire weight would be resting on it. I do not believe I have ever been angrier at an inanimate object in my life because the absolute simplest of operations took the length of a film to do.

I finish, I dejectedly throw all of the tools and bolts and detritus to one side because I'm exhausted and utterly fed up. I sit down in the chair. I can't reach the rudder pedals now. The entire endeavour has been a complete waste of time and I'm going to have to redo the whole thing. I'd scream, except I've basically already been yelling at it for 90 minutes at this point and my throat hurts.