The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Exciting adventures IRL.
Lenny Solidus

Re: The Room 101 thread - for things you hate or just having a bloody good moan

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:19 pm

Dr. Disrespect saying he will never play MW2 again and being fully supportive of NickMercs over Activision removing his skins. I'm sorry Doc but you subsequently uninstall the bloody game once a week without fail only to reinstall - complaining about every aspect of it while stating you could do it better, even though it gets you the biggest consistent viewership on your channel without fail.

Also Dr. Disrespect...
"We stay far away from politics on here."
Context

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:34 am

I don't know who Dr Disrespect is, but given his name I am going to assume he is a bit of a flesh-wallet ;)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:08 am

I used to watch quite a bit of Dr Disrespect. He plays a character that is full on 80's character living on his past successes. Using typical American/military mock bravado/catchphrases and then failing miserably (he's actually quite a good player though). It's a funny vibe when you know it's all an act and his streams are well put together.

But... I think he's a marmite person. Love him or hate him, there is no in between. He plays games that I don't really like to play, competitive online PvP, so he's my outlet there, and as I say he does win a lot so there's always a payoff at the end.
-- To be completed at some point --

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:32 am

The weather. Too hot.

The previous few weeks have been fine - sunny but no more than about 21c at peak and down to a pleasant 10c at night. It was 28c here on Saturday which was too much, 24c yesterday which meant the house didn't cool down and now up to 29c today. Even with windows open and a fan creating a through draft, my bedroom's only down to 23c at the moment and that's almost at parity with outside, which means it's only going to get unbearably worse from now on.

One of these years I'm going to cave and buy an overpriced air con unit that I don't have room for.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:36 am

I came close to doing that recently. Found one for 'only' a couple of hundred quid and came close to buying it, then thankfully came to my senses.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:43 am

My parents got one a while back and it is effective, but it's noisy as hell and you have to faff around with the exhaust covering for the window. I've got very old windows that open outwards and I'm not sure there's any covering that would be compatible with them, so I'd probably have to replace the windows first (which I guess I should do anyway for better insulation).

Too hot for dealing with that sort of crap today though!

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:01 am

This is the first time I've worked in an office that isn't air conditioned. Thankfully it's not a tie-wearing office, but I did have to order some office appropriate shorts which the courier lost. The only others I have that are remotely office appropriate are a pair of baggy cargo shorts.

Have you ever tried ironing a pair of baggy shorts to try and make them look more presentable and wondering how your life lead you up to this point? I have.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:54 am

Bloody amateurs. At the moment it doesn't go below 27C at night here. My office room is currently 29C and it's a cooler, rainy day. Trying not to use the air con as much, just a desk fan during the day.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:10 am

I think I would literally die, or at least collapse on an hourly basis and wait for the end.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:12 am

I'd be like the death scene of the Wicked Witch of the West only instead of water I'd be drenched in my own sweat.

arqueturus

Post by arqueturus » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:18 am

You do acclimatize to it - it's 27.3 in my home office currently and it's going to get lots warmer yet. I spent a few years in Essex and by the end I was really enjoying the heat, even when I was working. High humidity is a killer though.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:32 am

I think that's the problem in the UK, especially in south England. The humidity makes anything over 23C almost unbearable at times. If it was drier heat it wouldn't be a problem.

Plus our homes are mostly designed to trap and hold heat.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:40 am

Maturin wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:32 am
If it was drier heat it wouldn't be a problem.
It's about as dry as I can ever remember it being here in Lancaster and trust me, it's still a problem. ;)

It would be much worse with humidity, though.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:00 pm

I've been told off for the shorts. In fairness they definitely don't fit the dress code, but I'm going to have to bring trousers to change into tomorrow and just be unbearably warm for the day. Yay. It's bad enough not having appropriate clothing, but the medication I'm on makes me sweat more, plus I'm on hay fever tablets Which make me drowsy. I bloody hate hot weather.

Wrath, I do often look at the humidity and it usually is in the 80s for LA1. I suspect the 40% the BBC are reporting today is wrong (or it's dropped since I walked to work), as it really doesn't feel any different to normal. I stepped out of the air conditioned Co-op I pass on my way to work and it was like falling into a swamp face first.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Mon Jun 12, 2023 12:03 pm

Perhaps I should move to Yorkshire if it has its own dry climate. That would be bliss.