Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Raid
Local

Re: Trump in the Dump

Post by Raid » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:25 pm

This Parler stuff is both fascinating and a little terrifying.

https://gizmodo.com/every-deleted-parle ... 1846032466

Every post deleted on Parler was not in fact deleted, just flagged as such. The information was still held in Parler's database, it's just that regular users couldn't see it. Firstly, I hope the people who were using it to organise the riot on wednesday are absolutely shitting themselves as they no longer have anywhere to hide, but I think it's safe to assume that this isn't going to be the only social network doing this. The link above shows the metadata from one uploaded and deleted video which has the uploader's GPS coordinates embedded in it.

The answer is clear. Don't upload anything to social media, ever. Don't own a smartphone. Live off-grid in the middle of nowhere. Trust no-one. Assume everyone is a spy.

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:34 pm

Or don’t be a Edwin.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

eny

Post by eny » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:37 pm

That last line :lol:

Also, NY state bar association looking to disbar Guillianni, and Dow chemicals have removed funding for ever, to any member of congress that objected to the certification of the presidential vote.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

eny

Post by eny » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Oh this is so delicious, this guy is almost bankrupt, seeing his tears after the bullshit he's propagated is perfect justice,

– Abraham Lincoln

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:01 pm

Questions
1. Why are the dems pissing about and asking for trump to be removed or resign instead of getting impeachment going last week? Forgetting impeachment means he loses his security clearance etc in the long term, in the short term it means he cant pardon anyone involved in it; Don Jr, Eric, Rudy, Himself and so on. Seems like thats kind of a big thing!

2. Mitch says he wont allow the senate to start on it till the last day of his presidency but Chuck is trying to get it done sooner. Is it possible Mitch is actually trying to throw a softball in that any vote after his term will have more democrats in the senate and a democrat leader of the senate too which really increases the chance of him being convicted? If its done now Mitch will obstruct.....

:-k

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:46 pm

Was wondering that myself. He's very obviously going to pardon himself before he leaves, if they got in early they could have prevented him from having any power. It's possible that Biden is trying to avoid a complete meltdown of the foamy mouthed zealots before he even takes charge.

It's been almost a week and nothing major has happened or is likely to at this stage, doesn't exactly send a great message does it :?

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:07 pm

My understanding is that although he can be impeached fairly quickly, they're was next to no chance for the actual trial to happen before he leaves office. Therefore the only realistic chance of having him removed from office is Mike Pence using the 25th Amendment (which he surely would have done by now were he planning on using it).

Perhaps they don't want to rush the impeachment because he'll otherwise have time to pardon himself?

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:28 pm

Its in the constitution that a president cant use the pardon power in relation to impeachment so I'd have thought it was the exact opposite. Honestly, it just seems more and more that America is built on if's and maybe's

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:38 pm

I thought the Dems had given Pence a 24 hour deadline to remove Trump, otherwise they'll go ahead with the impeachment?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:50 pm

On a slight side note, there are several Republicans who now know what it's like to be terrified and hiding while armed people rove the building looking for you. Maybe they'll reconsider gun laws in the future. Probably not though.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:54 pm

From what I understand from reading a number of articles in the Guardian:
- There is discussion ongoing on whether to sit on the impeachment for 100 days in order to let Biden get in and start setting out his stall without it all still being about the orange gremlin.
- There is significant doubt that even if Tinyhands Mushroom-Cock does pardon himself whether it will hold up
- Even if he walked away scot free, there is an avalanche of litigation piling up in the wings with a no-longer-president Trumpycunt squarely in the sights, and that is before you even count the creditors whose vast loans are due for repayment this year.

Jeeves, fetch my larger popcorn bucket please.

I just hope that the stand being made by the corporate world is not a short-term shareholder stunt but actually something that is used to better the world. Lets see how the campaign train runs without all the filthy lucre to grease the wheels. Sadly I hold out little hope on that front.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:36 pm

A pardon would hold up for Rude and his manky spawn though. That’s why I’d be getting right on it since I would not want any of those fucks getting off scot-free. 100 days is stupid too since the severity of it will be lessened over time, people will be less up in arms and it’ll have even less chance in the senate.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:06 pm

The poster has since tested positive for Covid. It's unbelievable that elected officials refuse to wear masks.

eny

Post by eny » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:50 pm

There's an elderly Democrat rep. who has survived cancer, and tested positive for Corona - caught whilst Wednesday happened and she was sheltering in place, she said the same thing - Reps not wearing masks.

– Abraham Lincoln

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Things are going according to plan, no doubt. What I'd come to realize ages ago is that most of these bastards are complete cowards.

Take a look at that fellow Fetterman, in Pennsylvania. He speaks his mind. He's as big as a house and has a forehead scrunched up in a permanent scowl that makes him look like a Klingon. He's won a seat but has been marginalized by the Republicans, who have ganged up against him to refuse to seat him. Not sure what's happened with him since, because of all the hoopla involved in this pesky seditious insurrection by the unwashed idiot white supremist citizens of my country, but Fetterman *checks Twitter* is actually thinking of running for a Senate seat and has raised half a million dollars already.

I vote him for president. About the only one of them that isn't a coward. Pelosi is a tough old bird but she's beholden to someone. History will sort all this crap out and I just hope I'll still be alive to read the books and watch the TV documentaries about it.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?