Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Tommy

Re: Trump

Post by Tommy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:34 pm

Take from this what you will. Further reports seem to suggest it could be a little more grave than made out.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:38 pm

I can believe it. He's in probably one of the highest risk categories and has done fuck-all to protect himself from catching it, and so many around him have got it he's probably got a high viral load.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:44 pm

I posted some thoughts on another forum but I thought I'd pop it here too.

It's hard for me to feel any sympathy. When the rules and the risks of running afoul of those rules are clear, people who run into difficulty as a result of ignoring those rules I cannot feel for.

I was thinking of this earlier but wearing a mask is a bit like putting a seat belt on. Everybody knows that logically when driving a car at 70mph, if you do not have a seat belt on and decide to run your car into a wall, there's a high percentage chance the emergency services will find you in more than one piece. But it's so obvious that it's the best chance you have of beating it, it's law for a start, there's enough bad stories to go round, and when you get into a car, the seat belt is right beside you.

So whose fault is it when you don't put it on? Should you have sympathy for that person? I'll leave that to you but I wouldn't. It's the same for Trump and Covid-19. I don't feel sympathy for a person who openly defied the best course of action to prevent himself from being ill. I don't wish death on him because I'm not raised that way but some people really do need a boot up the ass.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Rossell wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:44 pm
I posted some thoughts on another forum but I thought I'd pop it here too.

It's hard for me to feel any sympathy. When the rules and the risks of running afoul of those rules are clear, people who run into difficulty as a result of ignoring those rules I cannot feel for.

I was thinking of this earlier but wearing a mask is a bit like putting a seat belt on. Everybody knows that logically when driving a car at 70mph, if you do not have a seat belt on and decide to run your car into a wall, there's a high percentage chance the emergency services will find you in more than one piece. But it's so obvious that it's the best chance you have of beating it, it's law for a start, there's enough bad stories to go round, and when you get into a car, the seat belt is right beside you.

So whose fault is it when you don't put it on? Should you have sympathy for that person? I'll leave that to you but I wouldn't. It's the same for Trump and Covid-19. I don't feel sympathy for a person who openly defied the best course of action to prevent himself from being ill. I don't wish death on him because I'm not raised that way but some people really do need a boot up the ass.
His death has the potential to save far more lives of people who presumably would see their 'God' getting burnt and sent to the underworld and think it's best to bite the bullet and accept the 'loss of freedom'.

Not saying I want him to die. I wish he'd never existed.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:13 pm

I agree, Trump dying of this would probably be nothing short of divine justice. Fuck him.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:18 pm

If he does Don Jr runs in 4 years time and I think he’d be worse and win on his dads martyrdom.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 pm

A 74 year old catching this was always going to be hazardous, and Trump isn't exactly in great shape regardless of his age. Still, I'd prefer to get insider info from someone who isn't so heavily involved with the opposition.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:53 pm
A 74 year old catching this was always going to be hazardous, and Trump isn't exactly in great shape regardless of his age. Still, I'd prefer to get insider info from someone who isn't so heavily involved with the opposition.
Dunno about insider info, but have seen reports on both the NYT and Guardian that there's mixed messages from his Chief of Staff and doctors about the severity of his symptoms, and suggestions he was on oxygen at some point at the WH before going to hospital... both reports posit the suspicion that his condition is worse than has been officially described.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:10 pm

I was referring to the Tweet Tommy linked to. I've no doubt that the responses are prompting speculation, but I can't put much stock in news coming from someone whose Twitter bio begins with #TeamJoe.

I seem to remember there was a fair bit of misinformation flying around when Johnson had it.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:18 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:10 pm
I was referring to the Tweet Tommy linked to. I've no doubt that the responses are prompting speculation, but I can't put much stock in news coming from someone whose Twitter bio begins with #TeamJoe.

I seem to remember there was a fair bit of misinformation flying around when Johnson had it.
As I say, make of it what you will, I appreciate he has an axe to grind. However, I don’t see the stock in lying either.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:40 pm

Raid wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:10 pm

I know, I was just saying there are other sources suggesting something may be up.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:48 pm

Apparently he was diagnosed positive Wednesday morning, but went to a rally later that day, and a fundraiser on Thursday, anyway...They had every intention of keeping it quite, but once news of Hope Hicks got out, had to admit they were positive Friday morning. He could have been positive at the debate, but he and the fam arrived late, so avoided being tested...the first Joe heard about all this was via the news. The WH didn't have the grace to notify him at all ffs.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:25 pm

If he knew he had it days in advance yet still went around without a mask on to save face for his tough guy campaign. [-(

He is a despicable human being. I'll leave it at that.

eny

Post by eny » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:12 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Jim Carrey playing a grinning old man is terrifying.