Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Alan

Re: Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Post by Alan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:00 am

A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 am

:lol:

It certainly made the country stand to attention.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:13 pm

The Republicans aren't going to back the impeachment by the looks of it, fucking scumbags.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55820610

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:02 pm

Yeah, I can't say I'm that surprised. They're just doing the usual politician thing; waiting for the furore to leave the news cycle and then quickly trying to sweep it under the rug. I get the feeling that many people have a single news source (or at least a very biased selection) now, and they'll never bring the matter up come election time. The democrats will shout it from the high heavens, but it's pointless unless people other than their supporters hear it.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:11 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55943998
Donald Trump has quit America's Screen Actors Guild after it launched a disciplinary hearing into him, citing the US Capitol attack.

"Who cares!" the former US president wrote in a letter, adding that the union had "done nothing for me".

"Thank you," was the Guild's brief response.
It reads like a Daily Mash article. :lol:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:27 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-55940542
QAnon senator that claimed 9/11 was faked, school shootings are staged and the California wildfires were started by Jewish space lasers. She is of course still supported by the Republicans because fuck sanity and decency.

Also saw somewhere that Fox News is being sued for $2.3 billion over spreading the conspiracy of the election being rigged. They owned by Disney?

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:39 am

A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:57 pm

trump is such a childish POS. How anyone can stand to be near him is beyond me. Half my country has gone f'ing insane and I'm just done with them.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 pm

Anybody been watching the trial? I've had it on in the background and the prosecution's evidence and arguments are utterly damning. The fact that 44 Republican senators voted that it shouldn't even go to trial in the first place is astounding considering many of them were in the capitol when it was invaded. This should be far beyond party lines.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:58 pm

Yep, I've had it on too, there is no contest, that orange Edwin is guilty. Some of this stuff is chilling when you realise that those in the Capitol other than rioters had little information via media on what was happening, so had to react on their feet. Must have been terrifying.

Republicans are utterly souless, Rand Paul is a go between for Trump and his "lawyers", not even in the chamber whilst presentation is going on, but entering, maskless, as soon as there was a break called, to hand a note to them. A "juror" communicating with the defendants legal team! Hawley with his feet up reading unrelated papers. They are there for no other reason than to wait to vote not guilty. Filth.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:11 pm

This is the (long) video I think they showed at the start of the proceedings

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:34 pm

Jesus christ, they actually had Alex Jones addressing the crowd? Just what the hell do you have to do to be discredited in politics these days?

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:42 pm

Youtube seems to want my credit card details or photo ID to verify my age before watching that video. What the fuck. :lol:

When did they start doing this?

Guess I'll have to give it a miss.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 pm

eny wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:58 pm
Some of this stuff is chilling when you realise that those in the Capitol other than rioters had little information via media on what was happening, so had to react on their feet. Must have been terrifying.
The videos have been an eye-opener, some of them pretty disturbing and a far cry from the initial depiction in the news of a viking and his mates causing a bit of a kerfuffle. I’d read the more detailed reports afterwards, of course, explaining how serious it was and that many of the protesters were out for blood (including white supremacists), but I don’t think I fully appreciated the scale or severity until now. It was a war zone. In the dispatch recordings you can hear how terrified the police were, and rightly so - I expect they saw the rabid army coming for them and assumed they were going to die. Frankly I’m amazed there were only three officers killed and 140 wounded.

Any Republican who acquits Trump at this point is complicit in his actions and devoid of any conscience. And yet the 2/3rds majority required to convict seems unlikely.
Maturin wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:42 pm
Youtube seems to want my credit card details or photo ID to verify my age before watching that video. What the fuck. :lol:

When did they start doing this?

Guess I'll have to give it a miss.
This one should work as it’s via the Guardian:

eny

Post by eny » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:01 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:48 pm
eny wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:58 pm
Some of this stuff is chilling when you realise that those in the Capitol other than rioters had little information via media on what was happening, so had to react on their feet. Must have been terrifying.
The videos have been an eye-opener, some of them pretty disturbing and a far cry from the initial depiction in the news of a viking and his mates causing a bit of a kerfuffle. I’d read the more detailed reports afterwards, of course, explaining how serious it was and that many of the protesters were out for blood (including white supremacists), but I don’t think I fully appreciated the scale or severity until now. It was a war zone. In the dispatch recordings you can hear how terrified the police were, and rightly so - I expect they saw the rabid army coming for them and assumed they were going to die. Frankly I’m amazed there were only three officers killed and 140 wounded.

Any Republican who acquits Trump at this point is complicit in his actions and devoid of any conscience. And yet the 2/3rds majority required to convict seems unlikely.

At the time I thought the police were assisting at certain points, but it soon becomes clear that there wasn't much they could do but retreat and regroup. The fact that Trunt enabled this by his specific withholding of extra security and his holding the NG back until Pence called them himself, even after being trapped in the Capitol building with his family, is damning in itself. Trunt was watching back at the Whitehouse with masturbatory glee at what was unfolding, quite unconcerned at how bad it might get.
Mitt Romney was running straight towards the insurrectionists at one point and Officer Goodman directed him away, then ran towards them to divert them in the way he did. That man is a hero for his actions.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn