Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Trump

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:24 pm

Rossell wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:22 pm
Animalmother wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:54 pm
An interesting observation I saw about Trump is if he had actually any experience in politics he'd know that you lose a lot a learn to deal with it. Being brought up as an arrogant little shit who managed to bullshit his way to a top, the fall is so much harder and he can't mentally process it like a rational person.
I had a conversation like this with my family. Trump was bought into a rich family and made to believe he was special without any real consequence. In the same way that Boris must've got dropped off at Eton and thought "I'm at Eton, shit that must make me qualified".
With Trump, it actually goes further than that. His dad was practically sociopathic and punished any tendencies in his son he deemed as being weak while rewarding those he considered strong. Trump and one of his brothers were actually encouraged to bully the third brother, who despite being elder was seen as the weakest personality. He ended up dying quite young, drank himself to death, I think.

He's been literally conditioned from a young age to see losing as something that needs to be punished. It's so at odds with how he sees himself you wonder if it will actually result in a mental break of some kind.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:44 pm

I had no idea there sly. That sounds a bit like serial killer territory.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:47 pm

Rossell wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:44 pm
Yeah, there's a recent documentary on his upbringing on Netflix, it ends just as he's getting into politics but it's quite eye-opening about his early days.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:04 pm

Sly Boots wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:47 pm
Rossell wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:44 pm
Yeah, there's a recent documentary on his upbringing on Netflix, it ends just as he's getting into politics but it's quite eye-opening about his early days.
I didn't know that existed. I'll give that a watch in the near future when he's a bit more scrubbed from people's memories.

Also I found a perfect summation of trumps campaign:

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Trump is due to hold a conference in Philadelphia in five minutes and CNN literally just called the state and consequently the whole election for Biden. :lol:

Can't find a livestream of it unfortunately, every news channel is just doing editorial commentary on the election. Chap on CNN is getting a bit weepy.

I really want to see what Trump has to say to this.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:38 pm

The Beeb (who have been very cautious in their outlook throughout) have called it for Biden after he was projected as taking Philadelphia.

Thank fuck for that. I just hope there's more to his presidency than "Not being Trump." It's not looking likely that the Democrats will take the senate, so I expect American politics to remain fairly bitter and static as they were in Obama's second term.
Last edited by Raid on Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 pm

Yeah, sky news is saying Bidens on 273. I have no doubt whatever that Trump is lying on the floor having a tantrum and drumming his heels, screaming for his legal team to sue anyone and everyone. :lol:
Congrats Solitaire!
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:42 pm

Had CNN on almost non-stop half the week. Very powerful stuff just now.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:45 pm

Looks like Trump hasn't turned up for his conference.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:48 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:45 pm
Looks like Trump hasn't turned up for his conference.
Out golfing apparently.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Hatredsheart wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 pm
I have no doubt whatever that Trump is lying on the floor having a tantrum and drumming his heels, screaming for his legal team to sue anyone and everyone. :lol:

The allcaps really does give the impression of a toddler screaming.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:02 pm

He sent Rudy Guiliani out instead, how disappointing. Apparently they have a few poll watchers who weren't able to view the count.

This is going to be the most ungracious defeat ever. I hope they have to drag him out of the White House on his arse come January.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:05 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:02 pm
He sent Rudy Guiliani out instead, how disappointing. Apparently they have a few poll watchers who weren't able to view the count.

This is going to be the most ungracious defeat ever. I hope they have to drag him out of the White House on his arse come January.
The echo chamber will become smaller and smaller. Senior Republicans will back off fairly quickly, moderate Trump supporters next, then Trump is really in the Eagle's Nest.

I'd love to be part of the transition team. The opportunity to get rid of his chair in the oval because it stinks of racist fart.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:11 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:02 pm
Yeah, it's probably going to be dragged out for weeks. There are two and a half months before Biden actually sits down in the Oval Office, and you know full well Trump is going to use that time to try and drag democracy through the dirt before he has to vacate. Trump does not have an ounce of grace or tact in his body.

What I find especially entertaining is that Trump is the first president in all of the time I've really been aware of politics (basically Clinton onwards) that didn't win a second term.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:18 pm

When Nixon, Regan and Bush Jnr are considered to be lesser scumbags it says a lot about Trump.

Be interesting to see which of Trump's pions turns first once all the corruption and theft that no doubt happened comes to light.

Happy for Soli and the rest of the sane world :)