Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: Trump

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:38 pm

Tommy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:27 pm
after all, if it's bullshit it should be easy to disprove?
That line of thinking is a quick road to disaster, not to mention the main reason for the burden of proof being on prosecution rather than defence. Proving something didn't happen is often impossible.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:46 pm

If Biden is guilty, do it through the courts rather than shitsling to harvest votes. Trump is down and dirty, so this low trick doesn't surprise me, and is yet more proof of a man who doesn't respect or believe in truth enough to let it speak for itself, rather than bend it to cover the vast pile of shit behind him.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 pm

Wrathbone wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:38 pm
Tommy wrote:
That line of thinking is a quick road to disaster, not to mention the main reason for the burden of proof being on prosecution rather than defence. Proving something didn't happen is often impossible.
And I understand that and agree, but nobody is asking him to prove his innocence.
eny wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:46 pm
If Biden is guilty, do it through the courts rather than shitsling to harvest votes. Trump is down and dirty, so this low trick doesn't surprise me, and is yet more proof of a man who doesn't respect or believe in truth enough to let it speak for itself, rather than bend it to cover the vast pile of shit behind him.
Again, I don't disagree.

This is my problem. I agree with you both, of course I do. But if someone accused someone of killing someone and there was (tenuous) evidence, there would be a case to answer. You can say 'well it should be with the police' as much as you want but unfortunately, this is a public sphere, with a public aspect and the Uighurs are stakeholders.

Again, I don't believe it, and want Biden to win.

EDIT: Spelling corrections. I've had some lager.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 pm

I dread to think what state the world will be in after four more years of Trump, I don't think we can take it, especially from a climate change perspective.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:15 pm

Mantis wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:07 pm
I dread to think what state the world will be in after four more years of Trump, I don't think we can take it, especially from a climate change perspective.
And I agree (keep saying this), but I don't think that means we can delay the rule of law.

I agree. I want Biden to win. And I think he will. But if this becomes more substantiated (which I think it will after tonight if he really has invited that guy along), it might cause him issues in swing states and will definitely cause him issues post election.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:23 pm

40,000,000 people don't turn out to vote early and stand in pouring rain or 12 hour queues to make sure their vote for trump counts....

Just buy the popcorn and follow the ride I guess, what will be will be...

– Abraham Lincoln

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:33 pm

eny wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:23 pm
40,000,000 people don't turn out to vote early and stand in pouring rain or 12 hour queues to make sure their vote for trump counts....

Just buy the popcorn and follow the ride I guess, what will be will be...
What does that have to do with what I said?

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 am

Tommy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 pm
Wrathbone wrote:
Tommy wrote:
And I understand that and agree, but nobody is asking him to prove his innocence.
No, but you’re suggesting he should disprove his guilt. I’m saying that might not logically be possible, and it’s not how the law operates (in theory, at least). The onus here is on Trump to provide some tangible evidence to back up his claims.

It doesn’t matter, really, because the only reason Trump is making a song and dance about it is to smear Biden before the election. Appearance sadly counts more than facts when the voting beans are cast in each jar.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:17 am

Wrathbone wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 am
Tommy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:08 pm
Wrathbone wrote:

No, but you’re suggesting he should disprove his guilt. I’m saying that might not logically be possible, and it’s not how the law operates (in theory, at least). The onus here is on Trump to provide some tangible evidence to back up his claims.

It doesn’t matter, really, because the only reason Trump is making a song and dance about it is to smear Biden before the election. Appearance sadly counts more than facts when the voting beans are cast in each jar.
I think it's going to matter because I don't think it'll go away. I haven't watched the highlights from last night but I thought Trump would use it as a platform. Not a lot of chatter about it this morning which suggests he didn't, or it didn't land.

On another note, it seems people feel Biden win (or at least that he didn't lose which I think might've been all he needed to do).

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:35 am

I can't work out whether Trump's obsession with 401Ks is representative of him or Americans at large. Either way it's sad.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:37 pm

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:55 pm

So, two things; one, I'm pretty sure that's bollocks. Two; if it were true, WHY AREN'T YOU FIXING YOUR BROKEN HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?! IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB TO STOP IT.

A serious case of Covid can cost a US citizen $1,100,000. Sure, the vast majority of that is going to be picked up by insurance, but the patient in that case was still left with a $6000 bill. There was a 181-page long itemised list of everything the hospital had done. Christ, if Trump's bullshit were true, I doubt $2000 would cover the cost of the stapler needed to assemble the bill.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:09 pm

It isn't true, anyway you look at it. Hospitals might get more to cover increased PPE needs, but insurance companies do not pay out more for a covid death. Also, coroners are not going to incriminate themselves by recording spurious cause of death.

Listen to any 2 minutes of rally speech from this shitcunt of a man, and there will be yet more lies, can't believe he's in the position he's in.

– Abraham Lincoln

eny

Post by eny » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:47 pm

Just when you thought....

– Abraham Lincoln

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:01 pm

Am I missing something?