US Congressional hearing on UAPs

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: US Congressional hearing on UAPs

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:00 am

Mexico has just had its own congressional hearing on the topic. I've only just seen this so I'm not sure what to make of it, but they've certainly gone full beans:

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/13/alien-bo ... me_just-in

The Mexican government appears to be claiming these ARE alien, not that they're unexplained, which is a hell of a statement. Hopefully they'll allow proper scientific analysis with public transparency, because if it's what they say it is then that's the holy grail. Actual alien bodies.

On the other hand, it could be some clay work by a senator's kid, so who knows.

EDIT - Found a translation of the presentation of the bodies:
Spoiler
It is an honor for me to present on such a high platform the results of my analyzes derived from the study of the anatomy of these non-human bodies. As a forensic doctor, in collaboration with the biologist Jose de la Cruz Ríos, and based on the results of various scientific evidence, such as X-rays, computed tomography, three-dimensional reconstructions, macroscopic and microscopic analyses. histology, carbon 14, forensic anthropology, comparative anatomy and DNA analysis, which is the queen of evidence in forensic sciences for comparative studies, I can affirm that these bodies are not related to human beings.

For this purpose, I will start with the description of the images that we will see next:They are bodies approximately 60 cm long, covered by a white powder that, through electron microscopy, we identify as diatom powder, which allows the desiccation of the bodies as well as the absence of the generation of bacteria, fungi and cadaveric fauna. The presence of this dust allows the perfect conservation by desiccation of these bodies, causing a natural conservation process over time which we were able to calculate by applying the carbon 14 test which indicated and dated an average of 1000 years old.

This makes the place where these bodies were found an ideal place for their conservation and preservation by whoever or those who deposited them at this site in Peru.Entering the topic of anatomy, we can see that they have a humanoid structure that consists of a head, trunk, abdomen and limbs, which end in tridactyl hands and feet. The bone structure of the entire skeleton shows us perfect harmony and agreement between the joints.

The final part of each bone fits perfectly with the bone that follows it and the wear of these is also observed due to the movement of the specimen's own biomechanics, being very resistant bones, but very light, strong, but light like those of the birds.The head is an element of particular interest since it is large in its proportions compared to the body, however, it is a pneumatized skull, that is, with spaces that allow it to be very light but rigid and resistant, with a large intracranial cavity which evidence that it was a container for very large brain or neurological material.

Likewise, we see that the spaces in the eye orbits are very large in size, which would allow a very wide stereoscopic vision for this specimen. It has very small nostrils and an oral cavity that, due to its jaw joint and absence of teeth, allows us to determine that its nutrition was by swallowing and not by chewing.The neck, in turn, is a long structure that joins the head in the middle floor of the skull, which is a rarity that does not occur in primate species, since the union is in the posterior floor through the foramen magnum. , and not in the middle, which is usually circular or ovoid in shape, being something unique since in these species it is rectangular and cubic in shape.

This is consistent with the four or five cervical vertebrae which are small in bone thickness but have a very wide intervertebral disc which makes it possible for this neck to be retractable like that of turtles.In the thorax, we find a fork very similar to that of birds, which allows the shoulder joints to continue and have very wide mobility capabilities. In the thorax we find that the ribs are complete and continuous, completely circular until they join with the vertebral column, they have a very small space between them, being between 14 and 16 in number.

In the abdomen, we can evidence the presence of 3 eggs that, thanks to the tomography, we were able to show at a millimetric level that there are oviducts with the presence of millimetric eggs, this means that they were in a continuous gestation process. In addition, it confirms 100% that they are biological and organic since the process of replication or reproduction through these eggs and their development in the oviduct would be impossible to falsify.We can also observe, thanks to tomography, the traces of muscles, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels, as well as possible organs or organelles that would have to be defined in subsequent studies.

Coming to the extremities, we can point out that there is a complete harmony and agreement between the joints and the wear and tear of the biomechanics of the specimen which end in tridactyl hands and feet with 5 phalanges, this would allow them not to occupy the thumb as a position, but rather use your 3 fingers in a wrapping manner to hold things.

Here is one of the most outstanding and relevant peculiarities: that they do not have carpal and tarsal bones, the phalanges are direct to the bones of the arm and forearm, in addition to ending in a kind of nail bed for the nail and that observation of microscopes we found fingerprints, this would be impossible to replicate. These fingerprints are of particular interest since most specimens on this planet have deep or circular footprints and the fingerprints of these specimens are completely straight and horizontally linear.

Another peculiarity is that some of these bodies have metal implants that are perfectly attached within the skin and towards the surface, making a very impressive biofunctional fusion. These implants are the alloy of various metals, among which osmium and cadmium stand out, which are currently used for satellite telecommunications.Finally, I will point out that the DNA analysis, after having been compared with more than 1 million registered species, we found that there is a significant difference between what is known and these bodies.

These studies were carried out in various high-level institutions, both national and international, and the results gave evidence that 70% of the genetic material coincides with what is known, but there is a difference of 30%.What is the relevance of this? Well, if the human being, compared to primates, has a differentiation of less than 5% and compared to bacteria, it has a differentiation of less than 15%, this would indicate that the difference found of more than 30% is something totally outside the parameter and of what expected, is foreign to what is described and known at this moment by human beings.

These studies and results are published and available to anyone who likes to analyze them or continue them. We accept that there is still much to discover and we are open to the scientific community and the world joining efforts to define what we are facing and how far we can go as a result of collaboration in a scientific and academic study.In conclusion and for all the above, we can say that these bodies are from a non-human species that has irrefutable differences with what is described in the biology and taxonomy of the Darwinian species evolution tree, without a common or traceable predecessor or without a descent. and evolution still described.

I can affirm then that these bodies are 100% real, organic and biological, that at the time they had life and are irrefutable evidence in themselves. We are facing the paradigm of describing a new species or the opportunity to accept that there has been contact with other non-human beings that were drawn and pointed out in the past in various cultures throughout the world such as Peru, Egypt and Mexico, and that today we can accept their existence among and with us. Thank you very much.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:38 am

I can't help but be sceptical, more because this is conveniently timed to coincide with the US' UAP discussion and I haven't had time to look into the people announcing it. Nothing in that description sounds unrealistic, although I'm curious how a species advanced enough for interstellar travel could develop without the ability to chew (so they could only gain nutrition from foodstuffs small enough or liquid enough to easily pass through their oesophagus), but then I suppose that's my close-minded, terrestrial viewpoint.

It is however, to quote the man above, Fascinating.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:50 am

Agreed. I'm not sold on the veracity of it yet because there was apparently a similar unveiling of supposed alien bodies in Peru a year ago which then got torn apart by critics who suggested they were fakes produced from a combination of human and animal remains. I'm not sure what the result of that was, but this Mexican presentation sounds like they have scientific data which they've made public for inspection, so I'm hoping that will prove to be credible.

The real test will be if/when independent scientific studies can be made directly on the actual bodies to confirm or refute the claims.

Raid wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:38 am
this is conveniently timed to coincide with the US' UAP discussion
The efforts for disclosure have accellerated in the last few months - none of this is coincedentally timed. Ryan Graves, the pilot who appeared in the US hearing, also appeared in the Mexican hearing. Alongside him was Harvard professor Avi Loeb, who has recently published a paper on tiny metallic spheres that his team recovered and studied from a meteorite, the conclusion being that they originated from outside the solar system (he is performing further analysis to try and determine if they are artificial in nature). There appears to be a co-ordinated effort by various international individuals to create momentum on the push for disclosure, which I would argue started with the leak of the US Navy videos in 2017 and Luis Elizondo coming forward to speak publicly after leaving the Pentagon's AATIP programme.

It could amount to nothing, but the likes of Elizondo, Ross Coulthart, Jeremy Corbell, David Grusch and others have all previously said that we should expect to see more along these lines in the coming months, and so far that seems to be the case.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:07 am

Having had time to think about it, I guess one of my issues with it is that they've put them on public display. The translated description makes it sound like the findings already been independently verified, but if it's true, this would be one of the most important research projects in human history and of course you would have it checked multiple times by unrelated institutions. You wouldn't put them in little display boxes for people to gawk at. It doesn't sit right because this is potentially mind-blowing stuff and announcing it ought to be done in an international press conference headlined by the foremost scientists in every field, from carbon dating to biology to metalurgy, not in the Mexican congress. They're saying these bodies have implants, actual alien technology.

I don't believe it because they're not making a big enough deal of it. This isn't some curiosity to be put in a museum, it's alleged proof that our entire understanding of our place in the universe might be changing.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:16 am

Raid wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:07 am
I don't believe it because they're not making a big enough deal of it. This isn't some curiosity to be put in a museum, it's alleged proof that our entire understanding of our place in the universe might be changing.
That's routinely been a stumbling point with the topic. The media and public at large don't take it seriously because that's how it's been presented to us up to this point. We're not equipped to accept an actual press conference with officials saying "aliens are real" and then accept it as anything more than a joke. As I said with the US hearing, it shouldn't matter whether aliens are real or not - the important, newsworthy point is that the US government are openly taking it seriously. That's huge, but the mainstream media broadly ignored it because of decades of cultural conditioning.

I'm not sure what any government could do to make people take it more seriously. The Mexican government are parading supposed alien remains around and nobody seems to care! If there is a secret UAP retrieval programme which has been kept under wraps for 70+ years, I bet they're absolutely pissing themselves with laughter right now.

EDIT - Incidentally, now that I think about it, I do recall Coulthart mentioning a while back that Mexico was planning something spicy for their hearing and he suggested that they were more keen to show their hand than the US. Perhaps Mexico wants to force the US into acknowledging more than they'd like to.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:52 am

My counterpoint to that is, has anyone actually ever tried? There's never been a real announcement made for something like this, because there's either never been such a discovery, or they've not wanted to make it public. I'd argue that trying to keep a public announcement of a discovery as big as this low-key, is just going to make it look less credible.

Either way you have a valid point; any announcement of something like this is going to face heavy scepticism because of past hoaxes. Such an announcement needs to be backed by, but not presented by, a major government. It has to come from a credible source, but I'd argue that politicians aren't terribly credible. I'd trust a press conference hosted by Oxford University over one by Rishi Sunak. Something I've learned from my current job, is that reputation is a big deal in academic circles. I don't think our politicians give two hoots about reputation because they can provably just lie and get away with it.

eny

Post by eny » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:10 pm

One thing I am convinced of — aliens that look like aliens aren't aliens... :-"
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:18 pm

Yeah, they would have made more of an effort to integrate and infiltrate themselves within our society in order to avoid detection.
Spoiler

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:20 pm

That looks an awful lot like ET lying half dead in a ditch...

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:46 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Journalist and UFO expert Jaime Maussan presented two alleged "non-human" bodies at the Mexican Congress
The claims by the self-claimed ‘ufologist’ have not been proven and Mr Maussan has previously been associated with claims of discoveries that have later been debunked.
Mr Maussan has previously been associated with claims of “alien” discoveries that have later been debunked, including five mummies found in Peru in 2017 that were later shown to be human children.
Yeah, I'm not buying it.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:19 pm

Quite. I’m increasingly doubtful as Maussan’s presentation wasn’t necessarily endorsed by the Mexican gov, it just happened to be at the hearing. Still, it was testimony under oath and should be easily disprovable if it’s a hoax, so it seems like a bizarre thing to do if you know if it’s all rubbish given that the penalty will likely be prison.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:07 am

The Spanish equivalent of UAP is FANI. I think what we're seeing here is a load of it.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:45 am

:lol: =D>
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:59 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/Damnthatsinter ... cq4KIj2wIO

A very similar looking "mummy" was debunked a few years ago. Made up of various animal bones.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:15 pm

I’ve been reading up on the guy who debunked similar bodies from the Atacama back in 2012, Garry Nolan. He has stated in interviews he believes that world governments have recovered UAP tech and that aliens have “100% visited Earth”, so he’s clearly not the sort of person to dismiss things easily. If he says the bodies aren’t real, I’m inclined to believe him given his extensive scientific and medical credentials. Incidentally, he has also vouched for David Grusch.

What’s intriguing is that ufologist Dr Steven Greer (who has many impressive connections in the intelligence community, including CIA directors) thinks the debunking is bullshit. Seems unlikely, but he points out that a month after Nolan’s debunking, he was awarded a $3.2m grant for ovarian cancer research by the Department of Defence.

Muddy waters indeed.