Requesting assistance from you awesome folks

Exciting adventures IRL.
Solitaire

Requesting assistance from you awesome folks

Post by Solitaire » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:46 pm

tldr: Todd has colorectal cancer, and no insurance thanks to living in stupid America, so has set up a small gofundme to help with the costs of medication: https://gofund.me/f0ed1983

Hi guys, well I'll get right to it. I was diagnosed on March 4th with a 10cm tumor in my rectum, which is what has been causing me so many problems over the last two years. I'm trying to get emergency state insurance - thank goodness I was in California when diagnosed, any other state would let me just die - but in the meantime I really need help with the costs of medication. I haven't been able to work for five months now, and have no unemployment payments, nothing. I've survived this long on a modest tax refund, but I'm down to pennies, in pain all day and night, and struggling to get all these things accomplished so I can start treatment as soon as possible. It will be chemo and radiation for six weeks, then a six week break, then surgery...

Not the greatest start to the year, but at least now I know what's been wrong with me all these months.

Please share to your social media accounts. I don't have many contacts on Facebook, and no other social media, so every share counts tremendously to this. Thank you!
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

eny

Re: Requesting assistance from you awesome folks

Post by eny » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:52 pm

Willing you all that is good to get better soon Todd, will send some cash over right now, all the best mate. [-o<
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:56 pm

So sorry to hear this Todd, have sent a bit your way. Wishing you all the best for your treatment and recovery!

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:21 am

Really sorry to hear that Todd - I've added a donation. All the best and wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:28 pm

Sent a little something your way, mate.

Got an uncle going through chemo right now for lung cancer, and having the NHS is definitely not something to take for granted.

Wishing you the best going forward with your treatment, through the good days and the rough ones.

Take care.

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:04 pm

Thank you so much, guys! I'm waiting for my Medi-Cal card, which is the Cali insurance. I don't have a clue how much they will cover for medications, but they will apparently pay 100% of the treatments that I'll be going through. This is very good news, of course. I've also applied for the Cali EBT card, which will be 100-200$ a month for food allowance. Again, I'm so thankful this happened in this state and not back in Florida, I'd be writing my own obituary lol

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:25 am

From myself and all of my close and extended family Todd, we are all wishing you the very very best. Love you man.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:07 pm

Really sorry to hear about this Todd. Wishing you all the best of luck in getting through this.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:40 am

Sorry that I'm a bit late to this, I've sent some your way to help too. I hope you're getting enough to keep going, I know how shitty cancer is. Don't give up!

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:12 am

I have tried to get the message shared on social media and sent some cash myself too. Echoing all the messages above on this thread, nothing but love for you mate and I want to see you beat this.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:25 pm

Thanks so much, everyone! This has relieved a lot of stress from my life - I've got enough to keep me going for five or six months, it's amazing. And thank you for the kind words, I have lots of love for everyone here at GA, it's like a safe little corner of the internet, with great people to hang out with :)

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:43 pm

I've been having to wait until I had an income again before I can donate, thankfully that's looking to be sorted now so I'll chuck something your way as soon as I can.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:13 am

Best of luck mate. My dad had a similar diagnosis about 6 months ago, apparently it had been there for over a year before being caught. He had surgery and is all good now. I've no doubt you'll be fine!