So what exactly did the US just shoot down above Alaska?

Exciting adventures IRL.
Achtung Englander

Re: So what exactly did the US just shoot down above Alaska?

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:31 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-64621598

This has been happening for ages but the Chinese flew their ballon too low, it was spotted an ametuer, he tweeted about it, the cat was truely out of the bag.

The good news is that both sides will start shooting them down

The even better news is that the stock price for spy satellite manufactures just went up ;)

Can someone explain to me how in the space of just 10 years all of this just fucked up? The fact that Biden is trigger happy is not a new revelation. That man is comfortable using the military to solve matters.
Last edited by Achtung Englander on Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:39 pm

I thought they just used google street vans these days.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:43 pm

:lol:
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

eny

Post by eny » Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:44 pm

Oh yeah, FUCK fELON MUSK, c.unt.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:13 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64644845
Romania spotted one as well but lost track. Very likely they are just weather balloons gone astray.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 am

Following continued events the last couple of days and I have come to a conclusion. They thought they could get away with it in 1947 and they promptly succeeded, despite continued scepticism with the sudden u turn they made and evidence they presented - society and people in general are of course of a very different breed today though in many ways far dumber thanks to social media. Do I believe they have something that would instantly blow minds in their hands? Yes, yes I do. Decades of yet more back engineering no doubt firmly on the horizon and ultra advancements by the superior still unchallenged human race are in the works, in baby steps naturally so as not to alarm anyone too much.

Many are calling this Roswell 2.0. Which makes it as significant as it sounds in the minds of many out there. They are telling us not only do they not know what they shot down they are now abandoning searches for any form of culminating, hey look what we found guys show of debris. Evidence? What evidence. We don't need any such thing, and you don't either.

They firmly believe we are not cognitively prepared for it, and I am inclined to agree to an extent that is, when we have become obsessively divisive on absolutely bloody everything it would make the Hogwarts Legacy divide look like nothing. Which would surely end us all.

Fact will forever be stranger than fiction and the curtain will always remain firmly in place - no matter how much stuff enters our atmosphere gets shot down then hastily bundled on to the back end of a truck never to be seen again.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:30 am

Lennyquantum wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2023 11:13 am
Do I believe they have something that would instantly blow minds in their hands? Yes, yes I do.
For someone that hasn't been following this very closely, can I ask what you're basing that on?

I'm not of the opinion that fact is stranger than fiction. If that were the case we wouldn't be bothering with the fiction to compare it to. We still crave excitement and mystery even if there's a tedious explanation for events. Even as an avid speculative fiction fan, I believe the world is a far more mundane place than we want it to be, at least in the present day, and most things can be explained away as a result of politics.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:07 pm

I'm well aware of how my post must look, as if I've fallen in the rabbit hole and am firmly stuck there tail to tit. :lol:

The plain truth is that when I was but 10 years of age on a very regular summers evening one particular night a group of us witnessed something we could not explain hanging right there in the sky in the distance, a considerably large cigar shaped object gently hanging way up there that remained for what must have been three to five minutes perhaps even more it's so long ago - no sound no movement just a soft glowing in and out which would later blink into nothingness and was gone.

I can't explain what it is I saw that day, but I do know it forever impacted my perception of exactly where we stand in the universal soup bowl, I have never seen anything like it ever again. Naturally, it engrained something deep in me that has remained firm ever since. My very reality became rather skewed I guess that day.

Guess I don't wish to come across as the very thing I always maintained I would stay clear of that is so rampant everywhere right now since these events started, but after my last post I probably do. It's just a very weird time in general, and it's easy to get lost in it all, especially when you feel you witnessed a showing at such an early age - as I still believe I did.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:28 pm

Not that I want to challenge what was quite clearly an important early years experience for you. But have you considered it was just one of these.
Spoiler

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:43 pm

No bud, it was nothing even remotely similar. The best possible way I could describe it visually even was that it took the form of your typical subway tube lighting apparatus, only it was huge in dimension kind of how the moon looks at a distance on a clear night. So very bright but glowing, almost gently pulsating at the center mass. I can't even say how large comparatively at the time or the approx distance as I was only small, and the world obviously dwarfed me back then. I just recall being dumb struck, kind of scared but in absolute awe, we all were.

Feel free to challenge, I've spent my entire life wishing I knew what it was exactly.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:05 pm

The supposed facts just don't add up for me. A race of beings capable of travelling here, presumably faster than light-speed (or stasis?), shot down by a mere missile, when they're reported to be capable of impossible manoeuvrability and instant disappearances?

It'll be something man-made for sure, they just don't want to say in case of egg on their face or international repercussions, I bet.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

eny

Post by eny » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:34 pm

OPSEC...keep them guessing.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn