blast from the past

Exciting adventures IRL.
no-one important

blast from the past

Post by no-one important » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:34 am

https://www.thestagsurrey.co.uk/surrey-youtuber/
The University of Surrey has investigated a former lecturer, who until recently was employed by the University, for allegedly posting Far-right content on platforms such as Twitter and YouTube.
former English Literature lecturer Dr Neema Parvini of using the persona of ‘The Academic Agent’ to produce videos containing white supremacist rhetoric
When contacted by The Stag, a spokesperson for the University confirmed that Dr Parvini was no longer employed by the University

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: blast from the past

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am

:shock:

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am

Someone who used to post here is it?

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:15 am

No idea on this lads.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:16 am

Animalmother wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am
Someone who used to post here is it?
Well, not here, but on Prey's back in the day. He left shortly after I joined so others will likely remember him better, but he was known for being a tool and set up his own forum, Ivory Towers iirc, which took a few Prey's posters with it.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:44 am

He was controversial to say the least. Always a bit of a self obsessed mad 'un. I heard a couple of years ago that he'd started a Youtube channel for posting right wing rants on, nice to see he's faced some consequences for sharing his nasty opinions.

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 am

If I recall he seemed mostly alright back in the PW days pre-2009, mainly just chatted about football stuff and made lots of lists about things - but I never joined Ivory Towers so I don't know what happened to him after that point.

Bit surprising he went down that path.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:51 am

Teh Parv! Well there's not but a surprise. He left PW and set up Parvsworld, IvoryTowers, for more 'intellectual' debate, but was really more for his own personal stroking....I got invited there, eventually outstayed my welcome and was jetisoned... Not surprised he's ended up going this far tbh. He was married to a lovely asian tv reporter I think, used to post 'tasteful' pictures of her in bondage suits etc...then she left him.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:56 am

It's a shame he split the PW community up so needlessly. There was ample room in the Real World Discussion folder for intellectual debate, yet many regulars left in droves to follow him. :(

eny

Post by eny » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:18 pm

I had to open that OP link on my phone, for some reason I cant browse past the main page on my PC, just a header and menu but no content. I've just been rabbit holing some of the links referred in the article, and yes, that is ol' Parv, drowning in his own imperious self-importance, full of compassionless elitism, which was always what he was about. So absolute in his belief of intellectual superiority, nothing he speaks of could possibly be wrong. Toxic, however he and his lickers justify it, toxic.

Welcome to the forum Blast from the Past, btw. Methinks you are an old name associated with the PW canon, but no problem if you wish to maintain anonymity. 8-)

– Abraham Lincoln

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:00 pm

The thing I dont understand, along with countless facets of white supremacy..... and forgive me if this is me being stupid or ignorant but for someone that supports white supremacy he's not fucking white is he? :-k
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Alan wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:00 pm
The thing I dont understand, along with countless facets of white supremacy..... and forgive me if this is me being stupid or ignorant but for someone that supports white supremacy he's not fucking white is he? :-k
Yeah I was kind of curious about that as well.

I remember the name Parv now but nothing about him. Obviously a shithead so no loss.

Hang on... I remember him now. Used to hang out on the tech folder and had a pic of Richard Blackwood as his avatar. He was a fucking bellend.

eny

Post by eny » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:54 pm

That's him, he used to squirm out of a corner by saying he was being contrary or somesuch. His mum is Welsh and his dad Iranian, if I remember rightly.

The thing with Parv is, it isn't necessarily him being a racist, it is a lot more nuanced than that. It is more about rounding up 'the lower-IQ's', and those who use intellect for causes other than what he agrees with, and re-educating/re-purposing them, or just having them shot and got rid of. An intellectual cleansing, devoid of any live-and-let-live, compassion, or soul, and ultimately for what purpose? Pathetic.

– Abraham Lincoln

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:02 pm

It's funny, this sort of stuff just completely passed me by, despite my practically being a founding member of Preys World. I remember Parv as a username but not much else. Was there a particular thread this all came out in?

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:40 pm

It was all an experiment guyz!!!!11111111

...you can tell I did and still do dislike the Edwin.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.