George Floyd - US in meltdown

Exciting adventures IRL.
Achtung Englander

Re: George Floyd - US in meltdown

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:32 pm

:lol:

You do realise that these people are the citizens of the greatest superpower of the planet.

Yep...we are going down fellas.

The really really scary thing for me is that people will keep on voting for Trump after everything that has happened in the last 3.5 years. Utterly baffling. The delusion of voting based solely on political colours is beyond tribal. Its brainwashing. And they say the North Koreans are nuts.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:38 pm

The UK has been wrong to spend the last 40 years cosying up to America. It's painful how much UK citizens reject Europe because they are the best bet we will ever have at a true partnership with like-minded neighbours. The powers that control the US only see the UK as an opportunity to flood with their low quality deregulated shite. They're a nation that is heavily right wing and they try to indoctrinate their kids from school age by making them swear fealty to God and the flag every day at school.

It's not the shining beacon of the free world that it likes to make out to be. The disparity between rich and poor over there is insane, and the last couple of weeks have highlighted how insanely racist so many of them still are. They also embody everything I hate about consumerist culture on steroids.

I don't hate America or Americans. But they are one fucked up country. Being their friend already dragged us into an illegal war in the Middle East within the last twenty years. We don't need their influence.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:42 pm

actually most Americans are liberal. 3M more voted for Clinton than they did for Trump. It is their electoral collage that has fucked up the system to skew the vote right wing. Similarly if we had PR in the UK we would actually have more right wing MPs than left thanks to the Brexit Party. If anything Brits are more right wing than the Yanks.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 pm

American liberals make our Tories look like teddy bears though. Right and left don't mean the same thing over here as they do in the US.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:09 pm

Mantis wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:43 pm
American liberals make our Tories look like teddy bears though. Right and left don't mean the same thing over here as they do in the US.
What?

Are you talking about the authoritarian/libertarian axis on the old PoliticalCompass charts? That's more accurately put by saying "the left/right concept is misunderstood by most people using it".
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:09 am

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/20 ... otest.html
Keen to one-up the NYPD who shoved an old man giving him serious head injuries, the LAPD have shot a homeless old man in a wheelchair who wasn't participating in a nearby protest.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:24 am

Disabled and doesn’t have a home? That’s not the American way, best shoot him to discourage others. :?

That’s all I can come up with as to why they’d do it. What the fuck are they thinking?

EDIT - Maybe they thought he was some sort of makeshift tank, cunningly disguised as a disabled person minding their own business?

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:24 pm

We've all seen a hungolomghononoloughongous equivalent amount of news, info, & stories on the ongoing protests this week. So much i'm not too sure where to start to even help out. You just end up glossing over all the links to bail fund donations, support guides, and even more.

So err...how about a simple one? Apparently you can leave a YouTube video on a muted tab with your adblock off and let the advertisements play out and pay the blm organisations funds.
K-Pop fans (seriously?!) advised on how to replay the video for continued payouts from the advertisers.

I saw a more fuller list of organisations one could assist on this tweet.

As usual double check links and validate whenever one can.

Back on that non lethal shit, i've learnt that the UK is one country that export such riot gear to the US.
Not 100% sure what the specific law is over here, but the Govt. should suspend the export of such equipment if it's used for internal repression.
Linky.
Not that i'd see that happening anytime soon sadly, the publicly trading firearm companies stock prices are going up.
Change.org petition here. I don't see it making much of an impact sadly, but theres something there...for now.

What else is going on? Oh first aid on injuries sustained during protests\riots!

https://riotmedicine.net/downloads
We don't really need this sort of medical advice or guides over here...no?

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:28 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Would've gone with the Horst Wessel myself, then again I can't play an instrument and would just have to sing it.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:34 pm

Abs_McBain wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:24 pm
hungolomghononoloughongous
:lol: holy shit.

That guy sounds like Coach Steve in Big Mouth.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:23 pm

HUGE crowds are turning out in the US for the demo and Las Vegas has re-opened. This pandemic is only 3 months old in the West and we already don't care anymore

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:20 pm

Well that's getting a bit out of hand :?

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:27 pm

“Protesters tear down statue of man who helped ship ~80,000 black slaves to the Americas” doesn't have the same zing to it, I guess.
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:07 am

They were going to eradicate his name from the city anyway they just got some help.