Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: Trump

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Oh god, just got to the part where Trump claims Europeans live in 'forest cities'. :lol:

Such a shame how Brexit drove a wedge between us and our Ewok friends on the continent.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:28 pm

I'm not really sure why it isn't making bigger headlines that the president of the most powerful country in the world refused to condemn white supremacist groups and told them to "standby". Shouldn't that be terrifying people? If he loses the election what are these armed groups of vigilantes going to do?

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:44 pm

I'm guessing his thinking is if he loses then the Democrats will have a major right wing element causing problems for them. The Edwin has a real burn it all attitude.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:06 pm

Mantis wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:28 pm
I'm not really sure why it isn't making bigger headlines that the president of the most powerful country in the world refused to condemn white supremacist groups and told them to "standby". Shouldn't that be terrifying people? If he loses the election what are these armed groups of vigilantes going to do?
The Proud Boys, the group that Trump was specifically asked to condemn, have already worked "Stand back and stand by" into their logo -they've taken those words as an endorsement. The simple act of refusing to condemn a known violent group has immediately emboldened them, because they see the President of the United States as being on their side. That's the terrifying part; how long until one of them kills in the name of their president?

Solitaire

Post by Solitaire » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:04 am

It is inevitable that we will have 'white power' violence here. There are simply too many of these guys getting together, in places where they can legally congregate as a goddam army. I doubt we'll have war in the streets, or a new civil war, there's not enough of them for all that. But subversive, terrorist techniques are sure to occur again.

There is a sense of power, when holding a modern-day weapon, that is unlike anything else in my human experience. Put this feeling of power into the heads of a group of like-minded dudes filled with their own sense of entitlement and ego, and they will fuel each other.
If Edwin's being an Edwin does he call himself an Edwin?

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:09 am

Has anyone warned the Proud Boys that they sound like a private club for gay men? Celebrating pride and all that…
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:52 am

Drarok wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:09 am
Has anyone warned the Proud Boys that they sound like a private club for gay men? Celebrating pride and all that…
This photo pretty much backs that theory. Looks like the Glo sticks and feather boas are about to break out..

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 am

Mantis wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:28 pm
Get slaughtered by the army I assume.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:41 am

You're assuming the Commander-in-Chief would deploy the military against his voter base.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:30 pm

The military will remove him if need be, there is a certain amount of self-determination to a certain extent.
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:03 pm

I don't think he would refuse to leave office if it was clear he had lost. For all the bullying and nastiness, at his heart he is a complete coward, as is always the case with these types. In the face of the military coming to physically drag him out of the Whitehouse I'm sure he'd give it up.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Mantis wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:03 pm
I don't think he would refuse to leave office if it was clear he had lost. For all the bullying and nastiness, at his heart he is a complete coward, as is always the case with these types. In the face of the military coming to physically drag him out of the Whitehouse I'm sure he'd give it up.
I'm inclined to believe this. He'll go down in a flurry of tweets, not bullets.

It's also worth remembering that most of these militia types are also cowards. People who want to play army rather than be in the army.

eny

Post by eny » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:36 pm

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:05 am

My god he's thicker than cow shit.