Trump: Impeach is the new Orange

Exciting adventures IRL.
Wrathbone
Local

Re: Trump

Post by Wrathbone » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:36 am

Sadly I doubt it will work against him much. Nothing else has, and the average person clearly doesn't care that much about billionaires paying tax, otherwise we'd all have stopped shopping at Amazon.

The Dems need to play this carefully. They should start by highlighting that if every American - not just taxpayers, but every of the 331m people - paid just $750 income tax a year, that would come to $248.25bn. Income tax accounts for 50% of the federal budget, so let's double that to $496.5bn and call that the annual budget.

The budget for 2019 was $4.4 trillion, which means our new budget is a mere 11.28% of what's required. Trump voters like their military prowess, and they can still fund about 3/4 of their armed forces, but only if every other federal expenditure is obliterated.

Even if you argue that the $2.2tn non-income tax half of the budget is unaffected and should remain, that still leaves us with a 39% shortfall. Goodbye social security.

If the Dems can't use this to crush Trump then they don't deserve to win. Which isn't to say it will be easy, but the numbers are entirely on their side. They just need to deploy them in a way that cuts through Trump's BS.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:11 am

“Totally fake news, no. Actually I paid tax. And you’ll see that as soon as my tax returns – it’s under audit, they’ve been under audit for a long time. The [Internal Revenue Service] does not treat me well … they treat me very badly. You have people in the IRS – they treat me very badly.”
It's amazing that he's still hanging on to that line four years later. But yeah, as soon as I read the headline I knew that he'd just declare it fake news and move on.

Would anyone here be surprised that they paid more income tax than Donald Trump did? The man's as crooked as they come, sure, but this is what the rich do; they hire people to find them loopholes, although I suspect that Trump's aren't so much "loopholes" as much as "completely lying to the IRS".

There's a Simpsons quote that always tickled me - it was when Homer sets up Hyperglobalcompumeganet, and is bought out by Bill Gates. Bill brings in hired goons who rough up the place, turns to Homer, and says "You don't think I got rich by writing a lot of cheques do ya?"

Alan

Post by Alan » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:10 am

“ Vice President Biden intends to deliver his debate answers in words. If the president thinks his best case is made in urine he can have at it,” said Kate Bedingfield, Biden’s deputy campaign manager. “We’d expect nothing less from Donald Trump, who pissed away the chance to protect the lives of 200K Americans when he didn't make a plan to stop COVID-19.”

-Official Biden campaign statement after Trump suggesting a drug test for the debates.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:21 am

Amazing.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:38 am

This is surreal :lol:

eny

Post by eny » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:43 pm

Parscale arrested....
Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Rossell

Post by Rossell » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm

Wasn't he the now former campaign manager? Trump can't say he didn't know that guy without implying he has no idea how his campaign is being run.

Tommy

Post by Tommy » Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Rossell wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:37 pm
Wasn't he the now former campaign manager? Trump can't say he didn't know that guy without implying he has no idea how his campaign is being run.
"I don't know anything about that but he is a troubled guy and I wish him the best but I don't know anything about that"

And nobody will push him on the subject, because generally speaking the American press are horrendous at getting answers.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:46 pm

I'd no idea who that guy was until after I watched the video and I still felt bad for him the way the cops behaved.

Alan

Post by Alan » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:34 am

Didn’t know Bill Goldberg was a cop now :/

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:32 am

The president of the United States of America just told the proud boys to “stand back and stand by” on the debate stage.

What a shitshow that whole thing was!

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:44 am

Watched the first 10 minutes with breakfast and it was painful.

Looking forward to the rest with lunch! Need some popcorn.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:23 am

Yeah, I've only seen snippets, but I get the feeling Trump dragged Biden down to his level; neither of them could get answers out without the other arguing constantly. At one point Biden uttered an exasperated "Will you shut up man?" which I've never seen in any sort of political debate, nevermind one between candidates for the US Presidency.

Alan

Post by Alan » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:38 am

There was a couple of times Biden seemed to be getting a bit mixed up and Trump not knowing when to keep his mouth shut saved him.

Like I said at every debate, why don’t they cut the mics when their time is up? Every single debate becomes childish rabble. D, R, DvR, is all the same.

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:32 am

At this point they'd have a better chance of making salient points and maintaining dignity if they each composed and submitted a diss track.

My name's Sleepy Joe and I'm here to say
The big orange fucked up covid in a major way
WORD