Seeking an office type chair. Where to look?

Error 304, turn it on and off again.
Lenny Solidus

Seeking an office type chair. Where to look?

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:19 pm

Greetings. As that time has arrived, my daughter is now very busy studying for her upcoming exams. While we have a new desk fully covered and due to arrive next week, she is still in desperate need of some form of office chair to go along with it.

She has pointed out to me websites such as Vinted which I had not heard of but many of the items on offer are either far too expensive or look like let's say not something I recommend purchasing. :lol:

She is insisting that the chair in question comes with lots of comfort and is "very spinny" whatever the hell that means and preferably in white, nothing overly extravagant necessary. If anyone can assist in her finding one, it would be very much appreciated. TY.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Re: Seeking an office type chair. Where to look?

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:23 pm

Have you tried looking for anything second-hand, like on Gumtree or what-have-you?

My wife just got one from there for about £20, now she's in a job with some home-working.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:25 pm

I'm not really someone who uses things such as FB marketplace or Gumtree etc, but I will certainly take a look at the latter. Thanks Sly.
Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:27 pm

No problem. Pre-Loved is another such site, I think.

Alan

Post by Alan » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:48 pm

You can also set eBay to show items with x miles of you. I find collection only auctions generally go super cheap. Had great luck with chairs in the past.

FB marketplace is also about the most useful part of FB when it comes to furniture. Also worth searching for PCs and having a laugh at what people think they can get for their 4th gen i5 with a 760 ;)
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.