Browsers

Error 304, turn it on and off again.
Achtung Englander

Browsers

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:01 pm

I am finding (with old age) I no longer care about brand loyalty anymore when it comes to tech. I just want efficiency or best value for money.

So when it comes to browsers, I no longer care about using the same one for ages. Having used Opera for over a decade I began to pissed with its inability to sync. I have used Chrome and Firefox (gone off them) and recently started using Brave. I found Brave is good in some parts (deletes all adverts) but some pages fail to load properly. So I decided to boot up Edge and give it a go. After installing some extensions like advert blocker, URL reader and Grammarly and playing with settings a tad (got rid of all news from the splash page) I am really surprised to find its functional, clean and fast. This, from Microsoft. Who would of thunk it !
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

arqueturus

Re: Browsers

Post by arqueturus » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Chromium based though innit?

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:11 pm

correct but is nice
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Everything except Firefox and Safari are Chromium these days, Opera included.
Raid wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Not sure where to ask this but I think it's a problem with Chrome. Recently any audio I play using the chrome browser on my phone degrades into shit once the phone either locks the screen or if I open a new webpage. It only started a few weeks ago and I can't figure out why :?

Anyone else noticed the same thing? It's a OnePlus phone using Android and only seems to effect Chrome. Why don't I use another browser you ask?, because I find Firefox on phones to be utter shite.

Snowy
Local

Post by Snowy » Sun May 16, 2021 8:45 am

I don't tend to think too much about browsers, I use Firefox locked down with a bunch of privacy apps (Privacy Badger, AdBlock for YouTube, Facebook Container, Privacy Possum) and just get on with it. It is a bit more of a faff as it does not remember my browsing habits, and I have to click through a lot more GDPR data gubbins as a result, but my security is better as a result and that's the aim of the whole thing.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sun May 16, 2021 12:34 pm

Fixed the problem by just doing what I should have done at the start, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. I'm actually ashamed it took me do long to think of that :oops:

Does Privacy Badger only work with Firefox then? Have it on my laptop and it's great.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sun May 16, 2021 12:53 pm

Animalmother wrote: ↑
Sun May 16, 2021 12:34 pm
Does Privacy Badger only work with Firefox then? Have it on my laptop and it's great.
Works fine on Chrome for me atm.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 π–‹π–Šπ–†π–— π•Ώπ–π–Š π•½π–Šπ–†π–•π–Šπ–—