General Gaming News

Steam, Deals & More.
Alan

Re: General Gaming News

Post by Alan » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:24 pm

The FPS stuff felt like crap a year ago so I dont have massive confidence theyve fixed it but I do hope its good. Frontier seem to be out of the Elite game so theres not much out there in the genre these days.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Rusty

Post by Rusty » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:35 pm

I just hope by original 50 squid I chucked them several years ago gives me access to this too.
Star Citizen itself runs like a dog (on my my pretty high spec PC) so hope they get it smooth
-- To be completed at some point --

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:39 pm

I purposefully didn't mention Elite Dangerous as I don't think it's a competitor in this genre. It's a space sim, sure, but structurally it's entirely different. I bounced off of Elite because it didn't have any story to it (at the time anyway), even if I enjoyed the interface and flight mechanics. I like the idea of open-world space sims (open-universe?), but Elite had so little content to it that it just ended up being completely boring.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:19 am

Building the future, and keeping the past alive - are one and the same thing.

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:15 pm

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:29 pm

Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:48 pm

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-go ... o-the-map/
"We call it Splat", and here's what it does:

"With Splat, if a cheater is discovered, we may randomly, and for fun, disable their parachute, sending them careening into the ground after they deploy.

"But what if we catch them after they’ve deployed? Well, Splat can also adjust player velocity, which transforms a bunny hop into a 10,000-foot drop taking them out instantly."
:lol:

eny

Post by eny » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:59 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln
˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Lenny Solidus

Post by Lenny Solidus » Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:53 pm

So having watched this multiple times now, I have to say that I just don't really get who this is marketed at. There are hints of Volitions very own Agents of Mayhem, the brutal failure that was the Saints Row reboot and even some Crackdown - yet the way they have made the chosen protagonists so completely non-characteristic kind of dumbfounds me no matter how fancy the traversal system or the combat system may look. Sure some of the utilities look kind of fun for a few minutes at least but what the hell do they have to do with the actual characters? Why couldn't we just use items specifically tied to said characters that doesn't make it seem so - generic.

Also, how does the city that is two times larger than Knights crafted by the team behind the best looking art driven Arkham playground look so well, bland? Compare the density and structural design to say Spider-Man 2 and it looks positively last gen for the most part. WB are fully aware of how poorly Gotham Knights was received by most yet this looks like zero lessons seem to have been learned, this just looks like it's made for the Fortnite hyper gameplay all sparkle and shine and nothing more audience. Was I the only one who noticed how poor the games sound design was?

The only thing I did like was Harley's very well done delivery, and frankly that was it. Watching the combat left me pretty cold too - shooting purply looking hit points and Xbox 360 looking motherfuckers does not interest me and by the looks of it I'm not alone with a 6k positive - almost 10k downvote ratio. Rocksteady could be making something so much more deserving of their talent, something truly significant, what a fucking waste of time resources and energy.

At a time when industry lay-offs are rampant, I'm really worried this will put a fork in Rocksteady because everything so far screams that it isn't going to be well received at all, and an end to Rocksteady because they were pushed into making something such as this is something which nobody wants. Then again, if Crystal Dynamics can survive Marvel's Avengers 2020 who knows what might happen.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:26 am

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-last-o ... nuary-2024
Oh look, a remaster of a 3 year old game that still looks amazing today.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:59 pm

Seems more of a directors cut. Wonder if it'll head to PC and take heed of what they should have learned from the last one.

How is TLoU PC now anyway, did they fix it?
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:00 pm

Alan wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:59 pm
Seems more of a directors cut. Wonder if it'll head to PC and take heed of what they should have learned from the last one.

How is TLoU PC now anyway, did they fix it?
Looking at Steam reviews, it seems to be much better than at release but still broken.

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:36 pm

Yeah I check in on this and the Star Wars one as well periodically, both still not worth the asking price from what I can gather

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:00 pm

Last of Us is down to £24 in CD Keys' black Friday sale and sorely tempted... but think I'll resist. The longer I wait the cheaper it'll get and the greater chance of it being properly fixed...

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:34 pm

I've been holding off on buying Jedi Survivor since March, waiting for it to be fixed, and it still isn't. I haven't seen it cheap enough to want to put up with the crashing problem yet.