Guacamelee! 2 [PC, PS4]

Steam, Deals & More.
Alan

Re: Guacamelee! 2 [PC, PS4]

Post by Alan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:48 pm

So far I’ve never had any problem with it, when I died it’s because my fingers get confuzled and mash the wrong buttons. I use the stick though, it doesn’t feel right on the dpad. Not sure if it’s this game of just the dpad because I haven’t played that many demanding playformers with it other than N++ and I always used the stick for that too.

Anyway, still loving this, still gives me a big smile playing it. Not had a massive amount of time to play so I’m just at the part when Salvador knocks you out - which kind of feels like I’m nearing the end but I hope not.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Alan

Post by Alan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:18 pm

Finally finished it and I loved almost every minute. I still need to get the last part of the golden key which I imagine opens some hard as nails section like the El Diablo stuff from the first game so looking forward to ripping hair out to that. One of the parts of the golden key was so fiendish, so hard yet so fair and so satisfying when I got it down.

Love this game so much. Game of the year and I don’t see anything knocking it off in the next few months.

Lee

Post by Lee » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Was that the second part where you're just tearing your hair out from failing right at the end to be put all the way back to the last checkpoint. Involves going chicken mid air and all manners of dodging? Felt awesome to reach the top after so many tries :D
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:13 pm

I didn’t have as much trouble with that one (only a load of deaths instead of a shitload -_-)because they’re pretty liberal with checkpoints, but it still felt real good! The one I kept ducking up was the one that starts with the lava you have to dimension shift into platforms and then hit all the time bomb guys as a wall of spikes closes in from the right. Died so many times but maaaaan that felt good!

Alan

Post by Alan » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:59 pm

Finished everything except the hard mode play through and yup, still the best game of the year! So much grinning!

My absolute favourite was probably the part of the chicken key with the rolling dimension shift turning the area into lava. Brilliant design, so satisfying and fun.