Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Snowy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Been dipping in and out of a few titles recently. After pimping Sniper Elite 4 in the deals thread on here I started replaying that, and am enjoying myself hugely again. Also spent way too long last night in Rimworld. Add to that the usual bouts of Ghost Recon Wildlands (co-op ofc) and that's me just now :)

I had hoped to pick up the new Monster Hunty game, but have seen nothing that convinces me it is something I will like (which is a shame) and the lack of 21:9 is the clincher.

Two Point Hospital releases at the end of the month, and I have pre-ordered that. I don't think it will do much more than re-skin Theme Hospital, but that's just fine with me!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:12 pm

Snowy wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:43 pm
Two Point Hospital releases at the end of the month, and I have pre-ordered that. I don't think it will do much more than re-skin Theme Hospital, but that's just fine with me!
Does seem to be more than just a reskin if these are right

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... ospital-2/

I'm looking forward to this too mate.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

ManBearSquid

Post by ManBearSquid » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:24 pm

I've mostly been play Hitman 2016 recently and I absolutely love it. Easily my favourite alongside Blood Money, possibly better.

I'm also still making my way through Wolfentein 2, Dark Souls 3, The Witcher 3, and bouts of No Man's Sky on the side when I feel like relaxing. I don't usually have so much on the go at once, typically two games max, but I got a bit carried away...

Sly Boots
Bar Staff

Post by Sly Boots » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:29 pm

Hatredsheart wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:12 pm
Snowy wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:43 pm
Does seem to be more than just a reskin if these are right

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... ospital-2/

I'm looking forward to this too mate.
Can be had for £20 here:

https://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/two-poi ... gamersarms

Tempted :-k

Me

Post by Me » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:11 am

It does look pretty good.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:13 am

Tempting, but pre-ordering anything makes me feel dirty. :(

Strudel

Post by Strudel » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:45 am

I've pre-ordered Two Point Hospital as well. I'm also not a fan of pre-ordering but for this I've made an exception because I need some Theme Hospital inspired goodness in my life. That was such a fantastic game.

Drarok

Post by Drarok » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 am

I've cleared up enough space on my machine to re-install DOOM (2016, obviously), so gonna aim to have a blast on that soon. I'm hoping it supports Steam Sync (or whatever it's called) since I haven't played it on my new PC at all, and I can't be arsed booting up the old one. Fingers crossed!
Raid wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:24 pm
And that's the story of why I'm not allowed near pregnant women for the next few weeks.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:08 am

I'd be surprised if it didn't. Most games on Steam support the cloud saving nowadays.

Pew-Pew

Post by Pew-Pew » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 pm

Drarok wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 am
I've cleared up enough space on my machine to re-install DOOM (2016, obviously), so gonna aim to have a blast on that soon. I'm hoping it supports Steam Sync (or whatever it's called) since I haven't played it on my new PC at all, and I can't be arsed booting up the old one. Fingers crossed!
I need to give DOOM a play again. I only got about an hour into it before I was distracted by other games that were coming out. I did enjoy the kind of 'in the zone' feeling that you can get from bouncing around the enemies so much though.

Hatredsheart

Post by Hatredsheart » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:43 pm

Drarok wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:55 am
Loving it atm, first-time playthrough, about 75% through. Can't wait for the new one.
Formerly Dr@gon-UK, but still the Forum Fossil

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕽𝖊𝖆𝖕𝖊𝖗

Tichinde

Post by Tichinde » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Tichinde wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:17 pm
In other news, I may be about to buy Monster Hunter World....
Yeah, so that became a thing and immediately put my back up with a 45 minute interactive intro cinematic.
Can we add this to the global gaming law book please? Don't make players wait 45 minutes before they get to choose a weapon.

So considering I've done roughly 2 hours of it (including said 45 minutes of walking, climbing, being told I don't have a weapon (my character has quite the large looking knife on his back btw), listening, walking, running, hiding, walking and getting to pick a weapon), it's OK.
Keyboard and mouse controls are....acceptable. It's remarkably easy to find yourself swinging past the thing you thought you were looking at.
I suspect this is a question of practice. I might defer to the XBox pad and see how it goes.
Equally, that being said the only weapon I've used is the switch-axe (because axe), which is large, heavy hitting and unwieldy.

The good news, is that there is clearly scope for multiplayer hilarity. Imagine Wildlands, with swords and beasties.
The biggest issue being getting everyone to set their voice-activation levels right on comms.
The weapons are all different, present different play styles, and directly impact your tactics and combat choices (so says my mate, am planning to check out a couple of other weapons tonight).
It is very pretty, runs well (RX480 on an I5-2500K fact fans) and does look like combat can be involved and rewarding once you're used to it.

It is also remarkably small for a new title with what I am told is a ton of content. 16GB is positively light when compared to something like For Honour weighing in at 60GB.

All in all, shaping up to a spicy meatball with an inoffensive starter of irritation.
"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:06 pm

I've been playing Wasteland 2, which is proving to be excellent and frustrating in equal measures. It's 90% of the way towards being one of my top RPGs of all time, but it frequently falls short of expectations with quests that have not so much unexpected consequences as unintended and misleading consequences. Often it's down to unclear goals, which can work in a tabletop game where the GM understands the intention of the players and adapts accordingly, but here it means you try to help one faction and accidentally end up pissing them off irreversibly because you weren't given clear information. A case in point is the canyon with the Mad Monks and the Diamondback Militia, where I met with a militiaman and agreed to help him, followed his advice and then was attacked by other militia members because I'd taken a monk with me to get to a certain area (as per the first guy's suggestion). #-o Left hand, meet right hand.

I think I'm near the end now, but I'm not sure I'm all that bothered to continue. I've just had an entire community turn hostile because I apparently went somewhere I wasn't supposed to go and they immediately attacked. RPGs where everyone turns hostile because of an honest mistake drive me crazy. I have three characters, each with master-levels in three different kinds of sweet talking - give me a bloody chance to talk my way out of it!

Jez

Post by Jez » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:39 pm

Wasteland 2.

How many times now have I installed you, loved the first 15 hours then drop you like a stone. 3 times maybe 4 times. It's a lovely entertaining thing... to a point then almost inexplicably it ends up being unfinished.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Maturin

Post by Maturin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:47 pm

It's a bit rough around the edges but I rather enjoyed it and played it to completion.

I felt it got a lot more interesting once you get to the 2nd map, California.