Currently Playing

Steam, Deals & More.
Snowy
Local

Re: Currently Playing

Post by Snowy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:02 pm

For me Infinite felt like I was moving through a 3-D version of the Max Payne wooden cut-out theme park. Enter an area and the marionettes animated and started imitating that you were in a place. Combat starts and instantly all the marionettes vanish. It just lacked any sense of place whatsoever. Loathed it.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.
08/10/2003 - 17/08/2018
10501 :-({|=

Jez

Post by Jez » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm still playing through Divinity OS2.

What a behemoth of greatness this is. I think it's definitely overtaken Witcher 3 as favourite game for me. Just a smidge though, just a smidge :)

Story really has me gripped and the side questing. The devs have really given some properly difficult decisions to make. You can never be quite sure what your decisions are going to affect later.

I was almost heading to the nameless isle when they released the definitive edition earlier in the month so I restarted and have caught myself up. The new edition brings a lot to the game and I'm glad I decided to restart.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Wrathbone
Local

Post by Wrathbone » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Just got Undertale on the Switch. I'd played it very briefly before on PC and didn't understand what the hell was going on, but now I'm several hours in and it's brilliant (and I still don't understand what the hell is going on). Funny, creepy and endearing.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Thanks to the wonder that is GOG.COM I am playing Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for the first time in 18 years!

Oh man, this really brings back some great memories. Not only that, it turns out this is a really, really excellent game! I mean, I thought that at the time, but it seems to have improved with age! Also, it really helps that the GOG version has been modified so that not only does it work on Windows 10 flawlessly, but it can even be played at 1920 x 1080 res. Unbelievable! I'm really happy to be reconnected with what feels like an old friend. Infernal Machine saw me through some very dark times in late '99 / early '00. I honestly thought I'd never be able to play it ever again, until now.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Abs_McBain

Post by Abs_McBain » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 pm

I've been replaying some old games, such as Deus Ex and MGS 2 & 3 on the PS2. Are there any modern equivalents to those games? I think i'm looking in the wrong places...

Also been giving the PS Vita some attention. The DLC part of Muramasa Rebirth has a chapter where you play as a farmer marching to the city complaining about raised taxes whilst dodging ninjas and samurai with help from main character's deceased wife turned ghost. I seriously didn't expect any of this. This game is fucking brilliant.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:10 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:32 pm
Thanks to the wonder that is GOG.COM I am playing Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine for the first time in 18 years!

Oh man, this really brings back some great memories. Not only that, it turns out this is a really, really excellent game! I mean, I thought that at the time, but it seems to have improved with age! Also, it really helps that the GOG version has been modified so that not only does it work on Windows 10 flawlessly, but it can even be played at 1920 x 1080 res. Unbelievable! I'm really happy to be reconnected with what feels like an old friend. Infernal Machine saw me through some very dark times in late '99 / early '00. I honestly thought I'd never be able to play it ever again, until now.
great story
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Abs_McBain wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:19 pm
I've been replaying some old games, such as Deus Ex
GEP GUN

THAT'S TERROR

A BOMB

etc.

Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Raid
Local

Post by Raid » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:21 pm

I should not be laughing that much at scenes of such horror. That can't have been the only style of death scream in the game, surely.

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:53 pm

Raid wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:21 pm
I should not be laughing that much at scenes of such horror.
Then for your sake, I'm glad YouTube blocked the "Guile's Theme Goes With Everything" synched perfectly for the bombing scene in BBC's Hiroshima docudrama.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Stormbringer
Rad Dad

Post by Stormbringer » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:59 pm

I am currently playing Prince of Persia: Escape on my Android phone. Brilliant game and a nigh-perfect homage to the original classic, though sadly lacking the sword combat.
Between tedium and fright
Such is the song of the nether world
The hissing of rats
And the jarring chants of angels

Alan

Post by Alan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:11 pm

Finally got round to trying both Dead By Dawn and Friday The 13th. I think they’re both pretty good actually in their own ways. I think DBD is a far better balanced and fair and is a competitive game. F13th is way unbalanced but is so much more fun, especially as Jason when you get into mind games like axing a door, smashing windows then teleporting to the other side to grab them as they leave.

Both are good but also both feel too thin to stand on their own merits as a whole game and I feel I’d get bored of both in a fairly short time.
A man who could tell more truth and eat fewer pies.

Achtung Englander

Post by Achtung Englander » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:37 pm

Just finished Inside

That game totally floated my boat. 10/10. Better than Limbo in terms of atmospherics and down right creepiness. At times it was almost scary especially with the mermaid girl.
Definitely one to revisit next year.
Games playing : Bioshock (Remastered) / Total War Britannia / Dirt 4

Animalmother
Local

Post by Animalmother » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Alien Isolation

Bit late to the party on this one. I've only dipped in and played a couple of hours but it seems to be very well made, atmosphere up to the hilt. I had to call a very slow moving lift and the music suddenly got super intense, I just dived into a corner going "fuckfuckfuckfuck!!!" until the lift arrived. Nothing actually happen, bastard game :lol: Hope it manages to keep this pace up.

Jez

Post by Jez » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:53 pm

It does. It's a very well made game. It has flaws mostly revolving around the stompy alien which are a bit irritating as it's supposed to be the central figure. But it's forgivable largely.
19-10-2003
12072 :-({|=

Medicine Man
Bar Staff

Post by Medicine Man » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:41 am

It's also far too long iirc.