World Of Warships

Mouse and Keyboard Warriors
Me

World Of Warships

Post by Me » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:39 pm

So yeah gpa, they've got subs in it now, wtf?

Gibby

Re: World Of Warships

Post by Gibby » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:04 am

It's a game I've had a quick go on and would probably get into if I gave it more time. I like ships. Do you play it, then?

The Jackal

Post by The Jackal » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Also potentially interested in the game, having had some good times in WoT at least.
Mighty Horse Rocks The Fat Ass.

Mantis
Landlord

Post by Mantis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 pm

I used to play this quite a lot and absolutely loved it. But the grind to reach the highest level ships was just outrageous and I kept getting matched with people who had access to the higher tier. In the end I got a bit bored of being outmatched and grinding resources.

The gameplay is top notch though.

Gibby

Post by Gibby » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:14 pm

My logic is that if I get really into it and enjoy the gameplay then I'll happily spend a bit of money if I feel I'd enjoy it more at higher tiers. Can't really complain at the entry price! :)

Me

Post by Me » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 am

Yeah it is pretty fun, the early grind is quite short, it doesn't take too much to get to tier 5 6 and to be honest you can sit there quite happily. There's loads of diferent ship branches and nations now so it got a massive amount of content. The actual gameplay is quite slow and thoughtful for an online PvP game.

Lee

Post by Lee » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Mantis wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:44 pm
I used to play this quite a lot and absolutely loved it. But the grind to reach the highest level ships was just outrageous and I kept getting matched with people who had access to the higher tier. In the end I got a bit bored of being outmatched and grinding resources.

The gameplay is top notch though.
Yep the grind and the poor match making has put me off playing it. I was close to the battleship tears from what I recall.

Gibby wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:14 pm
My logic is that if I get really into it and enjoy the gameplay then I'll happily spend a bit of money if I feel I'd enjoy it more at higher tiers. Can't really complain at the entry price! :)

Yep I was really into and didn't mind dropping some dough at the time but I think after so much time and the above issues. I switched to playing other stuff like Warframes etc and doing the same.
Mr Annoyed and Proud of it.

Me

Post by Me » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:42 am

The match making these days really favours the lower tiers, tier 3 and 4 (where you get the battleships) is alot more comfortable, you can only be matched with one tier higher then yourself. Tier 6 and 8 are generally considered the killers.